Peter Pauling was a former commissioner of police for Gotham City. Pauling served as a crony of mob boss Rupert Thorne. Thorne used his City Hall connections to have Commissioner James Gordon removed from office and replaced him with Pauling for a brief period of time. Later, a criminal scientist named Professor Hugo Strange drove Thorne to the brink of insanity through the use of psychotropic drugs. Thorne developed severe paranoia and believed that Pauling was conspiring with Mayor Hamilton Hill to have him killed. To satisfy this growing fear, Thorne murdered Pauling.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 10 Appearances of Peter Pauling (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Peter Pauling (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Peter Pauling (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Peter Pauling (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."