Peter Porkchops was a steel mill worker operating out of Piggsburgh, Pennsylvania in the parallel reality known as Earth-C. Several years ago in the Earth-One reality, the galactic conqueror known as Starro launched a de-evolving ray towards the planet Earth. The energy beam interacted with a meteor which Superman pushed through a barrier that inadvertently brought him to the Earth-C dimension. The meteor shattered and pieces of it landed across the United Species of America affecting several different individuals. Peter Porkchops was working in the steel mill one day when he was exposed to radiation from a meteor fragment. The exposure gave him superhuman strength, stamina and durability. Calling himself Pig-Iron (after the smelted ore process), he soon joined up with several more similarly affected creatures and became a member of the Zoo Crew.
Perpetual Hunger: Pig-Iron suffers from a virtually unceasing appetite and is known to consume just about anything. No matter food stuffs he eats, Peter is always hungry.
- This version of Peter Porkchops (Earth-C), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Peter Porkchops is the only member of the Zoo Crew who was introduced during the Golden Age era.
- 41 Appearances of Peter Porkchops (Earth-C)
- 6 Images featuring Peter Porkchops (Earth-C)
- Quotations by or about Peter Porkchops (Earth-C)
- Character Gallery: Peter Porkchops (Earth-C)
- Pig-Iron at dccomics.com
- Peter Porkchops at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe XVIII