Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Death... Call Not My Name": Three young girls have come to the Bewitched night club, and one of them is invited to dance with the owner Tannarak. Shortly after, the girl drops dead, and her death brings both Dr. Thirteen and the Phantom Stranger to investigate the situation. When one of the gir
- Darkness comes in many shapes, many forms..the twisting forces of evil lurk in every shadow, every faint whisper of night.
Appearing in "Death... Call Not My Name"
- Tannarak (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Death... Call Not My Name"
Three young girls have come to the Bewitched night club, and one of them is invited to dance with the owner Tannarak. Shortly after, the girl drops dead, and her death brings both Dr. Thirteen and the Phantom Stranger to investigate the situation. When one of the girls is kidnapped by Tannarak later in the streets, the two men track them down to Tannarak's secret lair.
Dianna, the girl who was kidnapped, was a childhood friend of Tannarak during his time in Egypt. He reveals that when he was abandoned by her when they got caught stealing from a market. Since then Tannarak became obsessed with cheating death, and soon obtained the Blood Stone. He intends to use it to sacrifice Dianna and gain immortality.
When the Stranger arrives, he confronts and battles Tannarak. The battle ends when a statue falls on Tannarak, and kills him. When Dr. Thirteen arrives he once more subscribes to the notion that everything that happened that night could be explained scientifically.
Appearing in "The Bewitched Clock"
Synopsis for "The Bewitched Clock"
Story reprinted from House of Mystery #11
Appearing in "Charlie's Crocodile"
Synopsis for "Charlie's Crocodile"
Charles Cuddy is married to a wife who always demands more, and he's had enough. He decides to seek out a business listed in the classified adds stating that it can get rid of any pest. Along the way he is confronted by the Phantom Stranger, who warns Charles not to take business from this establishment.
Ignoring him, Charles seeks the service of the proprietor, Mr. Scratch, who gives him an inflatable crocodile to deal with his wife. That night Charles inflates it and puts it into their pool. Later when his wife goes for a swim the crocodile comes to life and attacks her.
Later once Charles has the place all to himself, he throws a party, and after all the guests are gone he decides to dive in one last time and soon finds himself victim of the same fate that his late wife endured.
- "Death... Call Not My Name" and "Charlie's Crocodile" are reprinted in Showcase Presents: Phantom Stranger Vol. 1.
- "The Bewitched Clock" was originally printed in House of Mystery v.1 #11.
- No trivia.
- Phantom Stranger image gallery
- Phantom Stranger quotes page
- Doctor Thirteen image gallery
- Doctor Thirteen quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Phantom Stranger Vol 2 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Phantom Stranger series
- Images from Phantom Stranger Vol 2 10
Links and References
- Phantom Stranger article at Wikipedia
- Phantom Stranger biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Phantom Stranger index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Phantom Stranger series index at the Grand Comics Database