Appearing in "A Time for Endings"
- Nathan Seine
- Nether Gods (Single appearance)
- Sanders School for the blind
Synopsis for "A Time for Endings"
Upon his request, Cassandra Craft returns to the Sanders School for the Blind to see Nathan Seine. She has no idea that Seine plans on using his occult powers to kill her and her friend Adam Shapiro. But her death will take the form of a Satanic sacrifice as Seine places her captured form onto an altar. He petitions the nether-demons to grant him the powers of a god, so that he may avenge himself (and his late wife, Margaret) against the Phantom Stranger.
The Phantom Stranger and Deadman arrive to save Cassandra. While the Phantom Stranger engages Seine directly, Deadman hops into the unconscious body of Adam Shapiro, not realizing that the man is blind. Defenseless against Seine’s recently acquired demonic power, Shapiro's body is soon killed.
The Phantom Stranger directs the sum total of his own cosmic power against Nathan Seine searing his soul from the inside out. One he is weakened enough, the nether-demons decide that they no longer wish to negotiate through the old blind man, and they kill him.
Cassandra is saved and the warlock is destroyed, but Deadman must now deal with the fact that he is indirectly responsible for ending a man's life.
Appearing in "Will the Real Black Orchid Please Stand Up?"
- Barbie Henderson (Final appearance)
- Janet Grant (Final appearance)
- Lisa Patrick (Final appearance)
- Karen Jensen (Final appearance)
- Stephanie Tower (Final appearance)
Synopsis for "Will the Real Black Orchid Please Stand Up?"
Before the bomb on the vault door can explode, the true Black Orchid glides into the corridor. She revives Ronnie and frees her from the vault. She then tears the door off its hinges and throws it high into the sky where it explodes harmlessly. Ronnie and she then team up to ferret out the outlaw Black Orchids. Black Orchid traps the criminals inside an elevator car and she pulls the entire car outside the elevator shaft onto the bank floor. She then uses the lengths of cable to wrap the elevator car, turning it into a makeshift prison.
After all is said and done, Black Orchid tells Ronnie to take credit for the arrest of the outlaw Orchids. She tells her that if she ever retires from super-heroing, then Ronnie would be an ideal person to take her place.
- Final issue of the series.
- "A Time for Endings" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Phantom Stranger, Volume 2.
- Final appearance of the Black Orchid Legion.
- No trivia.
- Phantom Stranger image gallery
- Phantom Stranger appearances list
- Phantom Stranger quotes page
- Black Orchid image gallery
- Black Orchid appearances list
- Black Orchid quotes page
- Deadman image gallery
- Deadman appearances list
- Deadman quotes page
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Phantom Stranger Vol 2 41 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Phantom Stranger series
Links and References
- Phantom Stranger article at Wikipedia
- Phantom Stranger biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Phantom Stranger index at Dark Mark's Indexing Domain
- Phantom Stranger series index at the Grand Comics Database