"Journey to the Tomb of the Ice Giants!": Terrence Thirteen and his wife Maria are asked to come up and investigate sightings of ice giants in the north on behalf of the Muttson Oil Company when their owner is frozen in a chunk of ice. The phenomenon also brings
- I am similar...and dissimilar! I serve a cause-- a master-- as ancient as yourself!
Appearing in "Journey to the Tomb of the Ice Giants!"
- Harry (Single appearance)
- Mr. Muttson (Only appearance; dies)
- Ivan Gorrsky (Dies in flashback)
- Mikey Gorrsky (Flashback only)
- S.S. Night Wind
Synopsis for "Journey to the Tomb of the Ice Giants!"
Terrence Thirteen and his wife Maria are asked to come up and investigate sightings of ice giants in the north on behalf of the Muttson Oil Company when their owner is frozen in a chunk of ice. The phenomenon also brings out the Phantom Stranger.
While Terrance and his wife are exploring outside, they come across a giant sword. They are then attacked by an Ice Giant, who knocks Terrance out. The Phantom Stranger arrives to save them, but he encounters Tala, who has come to witness the Giants' insurgence.
As it turns out the Ice Giants are an ancient civilization that has been living in hiding and they intend to come out of hiding and take over the surface world. The Phantom Strager tries to fight the Giants, but he soon realizes he is no match for them and instead, he convinces the Ice Giants to turn back from their invasion when he reveals to them the state of the world since they last roamed the planet.
The Ice Giants agree to return to their eternal slumber on the condition of taking one human as a sacrifice. The giants take Maria Terrance after Tala giver her as their sacrifice. The Phantom Stranger then seals the opening to their cavern with dynamite, sorry about Maria's fate. However, Stranger soon learns that Tala switched places with Maria and she tricked the giants for her own amusement. Knowing that Maria is safe, the Phantom Stranger and Tala depart, leaving the Thirteens alone and while riding back in their helicopter, Terrance dismisses Maria's accounts as sheer hallucination.
- This issue is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Phantom Stranger Vol. 1.
- Starting with this issue, Jim Aparo becomes the resident artists of the series.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Phantom Stranger Vol 2 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Phantom Stranger series
- Images from Phantom Stranger Vol 2 8
Links and References
- No external links.