Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Philip Chance is the father of Christopher Chance, the Human Target. He worked for the Internal Revenue Service, but had difficulty providing for his family at his salary. Chance worked hard to provide his children with the opportunities he had never gotten, but still struggled. Eventually he took out a loan from gangster Amos Sharkey to attempt making a profit U
in the stock market, but lost the money. Because he was unable to pay his debt, a hitman named Dancer was sent to make an example of him. Lying on his deathbed, he told his son to make something of himself like he never could, and be more successful than his dad. This encounter led to Christopher being unable to experience fear, and he spent the rest of his life training to become the Human Target and protect others. Christopher dedicated himself to making sure that no one else would ever experience the fear and indignity his father had gone through in his final moments.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Philip Chance (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Philip Chance (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Philip Chance (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Philip Chance (New Earth)