Philip Russell was a private eye working in San Francisco. His biggest foe was the criminal known as the Viper. Unknown the both Russell and the Viper was that they were actually the same man suffering from multiple personality disorder. In the 30th Century, Russell's descendant, Eric Russell, was researching his ancestor only to discover some interesting news articles. The articles claimed that Philip was pronounced dead in the morning, battled the Flash in the afternoon as a supervillain, and was married to his fiancee in the evening. Curious, Eric travelled back to the 20th Century to investigate.
Sure enough, when Eric arrived, Philip was pronounced deceased. Quickly after, however, the Viper appeared quite alive and robbed a bank. The Flash, following Eric to San Francisco, battled the Viper and eventually knocked him out. Eric then explained his findings to the Flash and together they built a device to cure Philip of his disorder. Philip was then able to get married and preserve his future bloodline. 
- This version of Philip Russell (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series and is now considered apocryphal.
- Enemy of the Flash (Barry Allen)
- 1 Appearances of Philip Russell (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Philip Russell (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Philip Russell (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Philip Russell (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: