Philippus is a high ranking general (strategos) in the Amazon ranks. She was one of Diana's teachers.
Originally a lieutenant under Egeria, she rose to the rank of captain when Egeria sacrificed herself to shut Doom's Doorway. Philippus witnessed her commander's selfless act of heroism, and it had a great effect on her.
As Captain of the Royal Guard, Philippus was also queen Hippolyta's highest general, and most trusted advisor. She spoke for the Amazons when the queen could not, and ruled in her stead during a short self-imposed exile. During Hippolyta's second exile, she named Philippus Chancellor and Archon Eponymous, and Artemis polemarch. The two served as co-leaders of the island and its population.
This section of the history takes place during Flashpoint, a massive crossover event set in an alternate timeline to the mainstream DCU. History was completely changed when Professor Zoom finally found a way to erase his nemesis the Flash without harming his own legacy.
In this timeline Philippus is Wonder Woman's personal bodyguard. Later, she mistakely killed Garth, who had been himself framed by Artemis for the murder of Queen Hippolyta.  Later, Philippus is found killed by the Atlantean soldiers, before Artemis has bombs dropped on Themyscira. 
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. Philippus possesses the same potential powers as an average Amazon. These include:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as Philippus stays on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- Philippus's name has also been spelled "Phillipus".
- 86 Appearances of Philippus (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Philippus (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Philippus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Philippus (New Earth)