Phillip Crane was a highly qualified mehcanical engineer with knowledge of quantum physics and electronics. Crane made a partnership with wealthy businessman, Raymond Aurnau and started working in the man's company, creating incinerating machines for waste disposal management. However, Crane used the company's resources to create a radiation combat-suit and became the villain known as Quantum. When Aurnau learned of Crane's activities, he ended their partnership and Quantum killed the man.
- Radiation Combat Suit
- This version of Quantum, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Phillip Crane (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Phillip Crane (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Phillip Crane (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Phillip Crane (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."