- Messenger, I have no interest in the girl, or the child she carries. But they are a means to an end.
- -- Apollo src
- -- Apollo src
Apollo, is the god of light, poetry, and music. He is a member of the Olympians, a extra-dimensional race once worshiped as a deity by the people of Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. Apollo has been variously recognized as a god of light and the Sun, truth and prophecy, healing, music, poetry.
He is the son of Zeus and the Titan Leto who he seduced. Zeus wife, Hera, discovered Zeus' infidelity and cursed Leto, decrying that she must give birth to her child in a land where the sun never shone. Zeus used his power to raise an underworld island named Delos a land untouched by the light of the sun. There, Leto gave birth to twin children. Apollo's has a twin sister is Artemis the Goddess of the Hunt and Moon.
When the Zeus goes missing and according to Apollo's oracles he doesn't exist. Apollo went to meet his brother Ares in Darfur to know his intentions about current situation. After striking a bargain with Hera, his fathers wife, Apollo and Artemis track Wonder Woman and her allies to Zola's small hometown of Oliveburn and collects Zola after a scuffle.
For retrieving Zeus' latest dalliance, Hera hands over the Throne of Olympus to Apollo, thinking Zeus would return instantly to remove him, and her as she hopes he will do. To Hera's utter shock, Zeus does not return and Apollo, now King of Olympus, having expected on Hera remaining clinging to the old ways, banishes her from Mount Olympus, rendering her mortal. He is then forced to negotiate a bargain for Artemis' life after Wonder Woman beats her and threatens her life.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Superhuman Strength: Olympian strength level is many times that of most super-beings, the exact limits of which have never been measured. It is generally accepted they are sufficiently strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
- Superhuman Speed: Olympians are capable of moving faster the the finest human athlete.
- Energy Manipulation: Olympians has the power to control and project multiple types of energy.
- Metamorphosis: Olympians can alter their physical form (presumably) into any shape that they can choose.
- Immortality: Olympians are immortal and will never truly die. Olympians do not age the way a normal human does.
- Invulnerability: Olympians are cannot be physically harmed by conventional means.
- Power Distribution: Olympians are can bestow a portion of their power unto others.
- Self-Sustenance: Olympians dor not require water or nourishment.
- Superhuman Stamina: Olympians are can operate for prolonged periods of time without tiring. They do not require sleep.
- Magical Manipulation: Olympians have the power to manipulate vast amounts of magic energy to nearly any effect they desires.
- Class 100+ ; It is generally accepted Olympians are sufficiently strong enough to lift 100 tons with minimal effort.
- Mortal Faith: Olympian vitality is dependent upon humanity's faith in the gods (though this has not always been consistent). When humanity's belief in the gods wanes, the gods lose a portion of their power. As such, their ability to influence the course of human events decreases.
- The general public is unaware of Apollo except as a mythological character.
- 31 Appearances of Phoebus Apollo (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Phoebus Apollo (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Phoebus Apollo (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Phoebus Apollo (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: