- We must hit Erkol and the allied city-states with Disintegrator-Spheres!
- -- Pir-El src
Pir-El was a native of the planet, Krypton and a respected member of the noble House of El. He was commander-in-chief for the Kandor-Kryptonopolis Federation during the waning days of the Last War. In the Kryptonian year 9846, the reigning Drygur Moliom of the Kryptonian Science Council instructed Pir-El to formulate a retaliatory strike against the enemy nations gathered on the continent of Urrika. Pir-El deployed Disintegrator-Spheres and sent them to four major Urrikan city-states, including the capital city of Erkol. For a brief period, they believed that the war had been won, but the commanders of Erkol struck back with a solar-powered robot-craft. The robot-craft released a destructive wave of red solar radiation, completely leveling the city of Kryptonopolis. Following the destruction of the majestic city, the enemy issued an ultimatum: The citizens of Kandor had to surrender or else suffer the same fate as Kryptonopolis.
Pir-El consulted with a chief scientist named Jes-Mo, and instructed him to provide his forces with a weapon that could stem the tide of battle. Working under an extremely limited time frame, Jes-Mo soon provided Pir-El with an experimental missile. Pir-El launched the missile towards Erkol. As the projectile entered the city's boundaries, it released a black cloud of chemicals blinding their sensors and disrupting the solar powered robot ships. The cloud contained a chemical agent, which altered the personalities of those caught within its sphere of influence. Everyone affected by the chemical cloud adopted a passive demeanor and elected to make peace with the city of Kandor. The Last War came to a close and the ruling council of Kandor honored Pir-El as a great military hero. A statue honoring Pir-El was erected and placed within the El family vault on the planet, Rokyn.
- This version of Pir-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Pir-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Pir-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Pir-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Pir-El (Earth-One)