Plen-El was an ancient native of the planet, Krypton, and a respected member of the House of El. He was the son of Kandorian jurist, Thar-El, and grandson of mathematician, Shu-El. His direct descendents would one day include Krypton's last male heir, Superman.
Plen-El enjoyed a prosperous career as a writer, and was recognized as one of Krypton's most widely revered novelists. He passed away some years prior to the destruction of Krypton. A statue of him was erected in the House of El memorial hall at New Kandor on the planet Rokyn.
- This version of Plen-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Plen-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Plen-El (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Plen-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Plen-El (Earth-One)