Discovered in 1930, Pluto is the best known of the dwarf planets of the Sol system. It is named after the Greek God of the Underworld, Pluto (aka Hades).
- In the late 1950s, three giant alien animals, a giant armadillo like creature, a giant jelly-fish, and a giant fire-breathing bird, were captured by the Challengers of the Unknown, who then turned them over to some aliens from Pluto, who removed these beasts back to Pluto.
- Early in WWII, German scientist Gootsden managed to strand eight members of the Justice Society on eight different planets. The Spectre was sent to Pluto, where he found a technologically-advanced sub-surface civilization of Andromedans, the "pale ones," led by Preyor, who were at war with the surface-dwelling "furred ones," led by Thermo. The Spectre imposed a peace treaty on both peoples, then returned to Earth.
- The German rocket carrying the Spectre to Pluto crossed an inter-dimensional border along the way, and his adventure actually took place on the Pluto of another universe (not the Pluto of the Earth-Two universe)
- Brainiac 13 once knocked the dwarf planet out of its orbit during the conflict known as Our Worlds At War.
DC One Million
- In the distant Future, Batman will have a base on Pluto.
- In 2006, Pluto was no longer classified as an "official" planet.