Plutonium Man is a liquid metal robot made of Plutonium with almost limitless shape shifting abilities. He was designed by Dr. William Magnus a brilliant robotic expert. He was created when Doc Magnus was suffering from mental breakdown after being brainwashed into continuing his robot program for the U.S. Army, the result was Plutonium Man.
The robot however was programmed with Doc Magnus' disturbed thought patterns. Plutonium Man hated the Metal Men due to the programming provided by Doc Magnus. He attacked and beat them all before reaching critical mass and self-destructing.
It is revealed by Doc Magnus that nothing in nature is destroyed, just transformed from one state into another. As one entity, the Plutonium Man could no longer survive so he split into two creatures, each below critical mass.
The Master, the Plutonium Man's consciousness, appeared as a twisted duplicate of Doc Magnus, while the unthinking drone could transform into any element the Master desired.
The Master battled Doc Magnus’; while the Drone dealt with the Metal Men. The Metal Men defeated both threats by plunging them both together into a fissure, destroying them both.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Plutonium Man (New Earth)
- Images featuring Plutonium Man (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Plutonium Man (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Plutonium Man (New Earth)
This article is using a sub-standard image. The image is too small, of poor quality, bears a watermark or violates copyright law. You can help the DC Database Project by replacing the offending image with a higher quality scan.