"Point Blank, Part Two": Grifter waits as the doctors operate on Lynch, desperately trying to save him after taking a gunshot to the head. The doctors are dumbfounded at the fact that Lynch's body seems to be healing itself. They prepare to turn over Lynch to the government. Marc Slayton, on
- Think the boys at P.S.I. could make you a cybernetic cock, too?
- -- Cole Cash
Appearing in "Point Blank, Part Two"
- Cole Cash (Flashback and main story)
- Black Arts/The Faction (Flashback only)
- Brayshaw (Only appearance; dies)
- Holden Carver (Mentioned only)
- Max Cash (Mentioned only)
- Mister Majestic (On a TV or computer screen)
- Sal (guard)
- Team 7 (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Point Blank, Part Two"
Grifter waits as the doctors operate on Lynch, desperately trying to save him after taking a gunshot to the head. The doctors are dumbfounded at the fact that Lynch's body seems to be healing itself. They prepare to turn over Lynch to the government. Marc Slayton, once known as Backlash, shows up and asks Grifter to fill him in on what happened.
After Grifter tells Slayton everything, Slayton in return tells Grifter that Lynch was working for Department P.S.I. and getting them to augment his Gen-Factor abilities. He also tells Grifter that a group of agents from International Operations broke away and formed The Faction. Slayton believes this is the group that tried to kill Lynch. Grifter believes Slayton knows more than he's leading on but Slayton refuses to divulge anymore information.
Caitlin Fairchild and Bobby Lane (who is Lynch's son) of Gen 13 show up at the hospital. Grifter tries to find out if Bobby knows anything but finds that he doesn't and only succeeds in upsetting Bobby. With that, Grifter leaves the hospital.
Grifter heads to the hotel Lynch was staying at but finds it's already been tossed. Shortly after, Grifter realizes he's being followed. When the mystery man realizes Grifter sees him, he takes off running through the streets. But Grifter catches up with the man and beats some information out of him. When Grifter asks who Carver is, the man calls Carver a traitor. But before Grifter can get anymore out of the man, an assassin bursts in and kills him. Grifter quickly disposes of the assassin but is now left without any leads. Grifter finds a recorder on the assassin and listens to it. He stops when the recording mentions a man's name. The man called Tao.
- This book was first published on September 11, 2002.
- This issue is reprinted in the Point Blank collected edition.
- Cole Cash mentions being in the hospital when his brother Max was dying.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Point Blank Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Point Blank series