Power Boy was part of a new team of Teen Titans that came together under Beast Boy's command during a volatile time for the Titans. Powerboy is an abused boy from the hellish world of Apokolips, ruled by the evil Darkseid. Escaping from that hellish world with his only friend Little Barda. He uses a Father Box and is analogous to Power Girl in ways such as his dog named Kirby and wearing a similar costume with a chest window.
After Superboy's tragic death during the Infinite Crisis, the Teen Titans looked to bolster their ranks, so asked the superpowered duo of Power Boy and Little Barda (who also came from Apokolips) to join the team. However, when the Teen Titans met Lex Luthor's new Infinity Inc. superhero team, their "team-up" resulted in the tragic death of Infinity team member, Eliza Harmon. At Eliza's funeral, Hotspot, Little Barda and Power Boy all quit the Teen Titans. After saying the Titans was not what they used to be. Power Boy and Little Barda then teleported away to parts unknown.
Somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, Powerboy appeared at the last minute defeating the metahuman pirates and saving the lives of Grace and Supergirl. He takes Outsider member Grace and Supergirl to S.T.A.R. Labs for their recovery. Powerboy, interested in Supergirl, waits for her to recover fully before asking her to join him in routine patrol. They save hundreds of men, women, and children during a hurricane in Mexico. The teen heroes go through many other adventures and start dating each other.
During the time they spent together, Powerboy helped take care of all the villains trying to kill Kara, including the D.N.Angels and Gearhead. However, after Supergirl thanked Powerboy for all the months he had helped protect her from Dark Angel and the League of Assassins murder attempt, the two had an unexplained argument and fight. Whether the fight was due to Powerboy losing control of his empathic powers, or because he and Kara were secretly being controlled by Dark Angel is debatable. But what is for certain is that Kara (secretly kryptonite poisoned & being manipulated by Dark Angel) ended their relationship. Kara said she never wanted to see him again.
At the end of the fight with Powerboy, in a test to see if Supergirl would kill her cousin Superman, Dark Angel used Powerboy's Father Box to send Kara to a reality with a Red Sun and people possessed by Phantom Zone phantoms. Supergirl survived all the mind games by Dark Angel (see Supergirl vol 5 #10 through #19), and was determined to be the one true Supergirl. But her relationship with Powerboy was left in ruin.
Teen Titans East
Despite Cyborg knowing about his violent breakup with Supergirl, Cyborg selected Power Boy to be a new member of the Superhero team Teen Titans East.
The night before his first meeting with the new team, he is shown to have had a consensual one night stand with an older female hero named Holly Granger.
During the teams first training session, all the new Teen Titans East members (Anima, Hawk & Dove, Lagoon Boy, Little Barda, Son of Vulcan, and Power Boy) are found critically wounded or killed. Power Boy, is badly burned, and impaled through the chest by a large tree branch at the hands of an unknown attacker. He was either killed by the New God killer, Infinity-Man, Or the Sons of Trigon, who at the time was simultaneously attacking all former and current Teen Titans members.
- Enhanced Apokoliptian Physiology: Due to being born on Apokolips and enhanced by Darkseid, Powerboy is stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens and most regular Apokoliptians.
- Emotional Energy Projection: Feeling the emotions of others around him he gains abilities depending on the emotion. He's unleashed bolts of red lightning when absorbing anger.
- Emotional Energy Constructs: Absorbing other emotions allows him to create constructs that don't seem to have a limit. He's been seen creating giant hands and protective shields.
- Power Instability: Power Boy's emphatic powers can cause him to absorb negative emotions and lose control becoming violent. His emotional state can also cause his eyes to change colors, such a pink when feeling loved, and red when angry. It was likely that Power Boy absorbing Supergirl's kryptonite poisoning, combined with Dark Angel manipulating his and Kara's emotions via his Father Box caused the fight and break up between him and Supergirl.
- Father Box: (an Apokoliptian version of the Mother Box) that could communicate telepathically with him, heal his injuries, manipulate his life-force to sustain him past fatal wounds, create a hush-tube to teleport across great distances, and do many other things.
- Powerboy has a pug dog named Kirby, which is analogous to Power Girl's cat. It's named after Jack Kirby, the creator of the Fourth World.
- 10 Appearances of Power Boy (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Power Boy (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Power Boy (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Power Boy (New Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
Superman Family member