"A New Beginning": A giant tornado begins sweeping through New York City. From the epicenter, dozens of killer robots appear and begin wreaking havoc. Power Girl arrives on the scene and begins fighting the robots.
- Please stop messing with my globes.
- -- Karen Starr
Appearing in "A New Beginning"
- Alura In-Z (Flashback only)
- Power Girl's cat (Cameo)
- Zor-L (Flashback only)
- Martie Lieb (First appearance)
- Xander Blevin (First appearance)
- Krypton (Flashback only)
- Symbioship (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "A New Beginning"
As she fights, she reflects upon recent events, not the least of which involves restarting her old software firm, Starrware Labs. As CEO of Starrware, Kara began channeling resources into nanotech research. She interviewed an unscrupoulous scientist named Xander Blevin who wanted to create nanotech that could rewrite human DNA.
Power Girl reasserts her attention to the present whereupon she learns the identity of the architect of this chaos - the Ultra-Humanite. The Humanite wants to transfer his brain into Power Girl's body and is willing to hold all of New York for ransom to meet his objectives. As a demonstration of his power, the Ultra-Humanite teliknetically uproots the entire island of Manhattan.
- Issue shipped on May 6th, 2009.
- Power Girl's cat makes a cameo appearance. Its chance of hue, from yellowy orange to gray, is explained in Power Girl #5.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Power Girl Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Power Girl series
- Images from Power Girl Vol 2 1
Links and References
- Power Girl Online
- Power Girl at Wikipedia
- Power Girl at DCU Guide
- Power Girl at DC Comics
- Power Girl (Volume 2) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Power Girl (Volume 2) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project