At the investiture of Lord Emerald, a mysterious casket appeared among the presents. After it was opened, Lord Emerald was sucked in. In order to retrieve them, Lord Aquamarine suggested sending Princess Emerald and Prince Garnet in. They did, despite concerns from the others. It was a limbo between life and death, ruled by a demonic creature. They retrieved Emerald, as well as Prince Ruby and a Diamond priest. But when the box was closed, Prince Garnet was stranded. He had gone in voluntarily, and he had lost contact with the princess, who was the anchor to Gemworld. While his father thought him dead and would blame Aquamarine for the rest of his life, Garnet was still alive in the limbo.
He lived in the presence of the ancient ones, who observed Gemworld and ruled that Amethyst would be able to defeat the demonic creature and his ally Fire Jade on her own. Garnet disagreed, and against their wishes, ventured back to Gemworld. He met up with Amethyst and Princess Emerald, and revealed Fire Jade was the Lady Emerald, existing in a state between life and death. Together, they defeated the demon, and Lady Emerald finally accepted her death.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 9 Appearances of Prince Garnet (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Prince Garnet (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Prince Garnet (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Prince Garnet (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: