- Customer's always right. My name... my real name... is Priscilla Kitaen. My mother's dead. I never knew my father. Not real easy for a mixed-race kid like me to fit in anywhere. I ended up in New Orleans and found out I could make a lot more money doing this than waiting tables. Lots of men stationed at that military base come here to blow off steam, and they leave their paychecks behind. I'm more than happy to take what they're offering. Satisfied?
- -- Voodoo src
Priscilla Kitaen was an exotic dancer before being rescued by the WildC.A.T.s from the Daemonites. Voodoo possessed a unique ability known as "The Sight", which allowed her to perceive a being possessed by a Daemonite and exorcise it from its host body. She was therefore important to both sides in the war. Upon joining the WildC.A.T.s she developed more significant and powerful psychic abilities as well as animalistic powers. She was taken in for training by Zealot in Coda fighting techniques. She also began a long-term relationship with team leader Spartan. Eventually Voodoo was shot and went into a coma. Void used a computer to enter Priscilla's mind and found out she was descended from a Kherubim possessed by a Daemonite making her a Kherubim/Daemonite/Human Hybrid.
When the WildC.A.T.s later traveled to Khera, the Kherubim homeworld, Voodoo was placed in a Daemonite ghetto because of her heritage. It was here that she discovered the long war between the two races had ended centuries ago and the daemonites had lost. She also discovered that not all daemonites were evil as she was led to believe. The ones she was use to combating were fanatic militants, the ones she met on Khera were citizens. When she finally found the WildC.A.T.s, she confronted Zealot about the treatment of the daemonites, Zealot in turn told her she was of an inferior race in front of the Coda sisterhood. This put a great strain on their relationship, to the point Voodoo would have nothing more to do with her or Khera. She relented and helped the WildC.A.T.s stop the Coda from trying to assassinate Zealot, who then also turned away from Khera. When they returned to Earth Voodoo couldn't forget what she experienced and left the team.
Now living in New Orleans, Priscilla returned to exotic dancing. She began working a club called the Midnight Lounge, owned by a man named Christian Charles. She became good friends with a fellow dancer named Purity. A man she met while living there was Attibon he found her a place to stay at the Royale hotel. It is here she meant a former prostitute named Freeda and a former hitman named Saturday. They would then reveal themselves as Erzulie, Papa Legba and Baron Samedi. Priscilla' boss Christian was found to have been using his dancer in a voodoo blood ritual, killing them and bathing in their blood, in order to bring his dark magician father back from the dead. Priscilla along with police detective investigating the murders, lieutenant David Dove, came just in time to save Purity from Christian but he already absorbed enough blood to resurrect his father from the dead. Priscilla channeled Erzulie and fought Christian and his father, who were no match for her dance. Luring them back to the Royale, where Baron Samedi, Erzulie and Papa Legba forced them to bow to balance and walk through a door to face Damballa, which in turn blew up the Royale. The experience made Priscilla decide to learn more about voodoo magic and she became an apprentice to a mambo.
Priscilla & Jeremy
Several months later she rejoined the WildC.A.T.s briefly. She then left the team when it disbanded after the supposed death of Zealot. She moved in with Maul, but he became more introverted the more she tried to get closer to him, locking himself away in his lab. Jeremy in truth had fallen in love with her and was trying to come up with a method to remove her daemonite genes. Unbeknown to her, she was being followed by a daemonite possessing a old man.
Priscilla was later given a credit card from the Halo Corporation under the name Marlowe. She was then attacked by the serial killer Samuel Smith, the grandson of Slaughterhouse Smith. Samuel was trying to kill Jacob Marlowe and all his relatives. Jacob had defeated Slaughterhouse sometime in the past, and now Samuel wanted revenge. He surprise attacked her and used his powers to brutally injure her. Cutting off her legs and cutting open her throat. Spartan (who was Jack Marlowe) and Grifter were instrumental in Smith's demise. It was at this time that Grifter convinced Maul that trying to get rid of her daemonite genes may not be what Voodoo wants.
Recuperating in the hospital, the medical staff was amazed at how fast her throat injury healed. It wasn't long that she discovered a daemonite among the medical staff. Soon she was confronted by the daemonite. He explained that he was a rare conscientious objector among the daemonite military fanatics of Earth, he also claimed to be her grandfather. He taught her how to use her daemonite powers: time manipulation, and regeneration in only a few hours, she had fully regrown her legs. He told her it would be in her best interest to start a relationship with Jeremy, then he left.
The relationship became problematic, when Voodoo's telepathic powers started to increase with the amount of physical intimacy she had. Voodoo wishing to further the development of this situation, was willing to even go so far as to sleep with other men. Jeremy couldn't handle the situation at all. They would constantly fight about it. Priscilla then intentionally angered him, causing him to grow in size and therefore decrease in intellect until he forgot the reason they were fighting. Giving her the opportunity to leave the relationship.
Priscilla once again became an exotic dancer, for high end clients, such as oil shieks and billionaires. Hadrian would come and ask her to rejoin the team, and despite the amount of time that had passed between their relationship and superhero days, they still were very attracted to each other and they ended up sleeping together. She came back as an employee of the Halo Corporation, getting paid triple her former salary.
After Armageddon, Priscilla has become a more calm and understanding individual. Using her mental abilities to keep the peace in the horrible post-apocalypse the Wildcats now lives in. She is seen comforting both Spartan and Maul alike creating jealously between the two she loves. Ultimately her relationship lies with Spartan, though Maul accepts it as he saw through that he himself and Priscilla wouldn't make a perfect couple. Priscilla proved herself of being a more capable leader even when she dealt with Paris of former Stormwatch P.H.D. in establishing a easy peace between him and the animals in the Nevada Garden with human survivors outside the garden's boundary, and settling a brief truce between her team and Lord Defile's Daemonites in Los Angeles.
After her team helped Team-7 in stopping Tao, Priscilla was gifted a new and improve costume based on her original attire by Max Faraday. She and the Wildcats were later summoned to UnLondon by the Authority and notified of the chance to leave Earth on the Carrier. However, Voodoo chose to stay shortly before intervening in Earth's war against the militant Knights of Khera. During the pitch battle in UnLondon, Priscilla obligated in having Spartan resume his leadership and was given a mission of trying to locate the Garden of Ancestral Memory in gaining the Earth's help in stopping the Knights' terraforming machines. On a helpful note from Grunge, Priscilla revived the former English Doctor of the 19th century, Sir Edwin Makepeace, and communicates his spirit in the Garden for the Doctors' help. However, she learned from the spirit of Sir Edwin that the previous Doctors had already been trying to heal the Earth since the Number of the Beast incident, but came with no success. And neither do they know of the newest Doctor after Habib bin Hassan went insane. Despite this, the Knights were managed to be defeated.
- Kherubim Ancestry Physiology: Kherubim resemble humans in appearance, but are physically far stronger and more durable and extremely long-lived, nearly immortal. However an evolutionary drawback to their near-immortality is that Kherans are almost infertile, only very rarely will a Kheran produce offspring. This effect is seen in real world natural environments, as longer living organisms will have fewer offspring than organisms with short lifespans. This is a natural check against overpopulation.
- The Sight: Voodoo possess highly advanced telepathic abilities that were limited only by the fact that she had not received any formal training and mainly had naturally developed them. Named, 'The Sight' as most of these powers revolved around her ability to perceive things beyond ones normal sight, they are the focus of her prime abilities. The ones developed due to her status as a Kherubim/Human Crossbreed. The primary power in the Sight is the ability for her to perceive hidden truths. Shape-shifters have no solace from her. She can see a Daemonite possessing a human as it is. No disguise can hold up to this powerful ability, and it is exactly because of this, that the Daemonites wanted her so badly during the beginning and would occasionally target her specifically during later events. Hers are the eyes that cannot be fooled.
The specific abilities that The Sight grants Voodoo are as follows:
- Telepathy: Voodoo is a neophyte telepath in that she is quite capable of perceiving the thoughts of others. Be it the thoughts in a crowd, or receiving specific thoughts from individuals. She can read and manipulate the thoughts and emotions of others, and even shut off people's minds. Her powers increase proportionate to physical intimacy, enabling her greater ability to psychically manipulate and read others.
- Psi-Blast: Voodoo is powerful enough to focus her psionic energies into a very painful and direct attack. This, psi-blast was powerful enough to effect the Kherubim Lord Entropy. While perhaps, not as developed as say, Threshold's or Lynch's. A non-psi would be temporarily crippled by such an assault as their mind flares with a feeling like acid being poured upon it.
- True Sight: Voodoo is capable of seeing things as they are. She perceives things as the truth. No disguise holds up to her. No shape-shifter can hide from her powers and no Daemonite is safe when she is present. This power is infallible and so strong she need not be present with the person as she can apparently detect a Daemonite even over television and perhaps via photo's as well. She is capable of perceiving if someone is lying to her, as an older version of Voodoo was capable of reading the soul of Ripclaw and determining the truth from falsehood.
- Mental Separation: Voodoo has the ability to separate psyche's and manipulate such psionic patterns that she may perform literal 'separations'. Be it forcing a Daemonite to leave it's host, or purging a willing individual of unwanted parts of their soul and psyche, or separating and restoring damaged and trapped psyche's within others. Usually she does this via touch, however she can do this from a distance as well. Regardless, whenever she does it she is usually left drained and very vulnerable. Such as when she forced the Daemonite from Richtoffen's body, or when she separated Major Diane Lasell of Stormwatch's, psyche from S'yrn. She lacked the power to free Alexander Shaw. Usually very intense pain is involved for one or at times, both of the participants in a depossession and separation attempt. More often then not, the staggering and draining effect is shared by both Voodoo and her target as she, via her natural empathic abilities, seems to feel what they feel temporarily.
- Mind Lock: Voodoo has the ability to literally seize control over someone's mind, temporarily freezing and mentally controlling them. The less psionically resistant someone is, the easier it is for her to do this obviously. This is still a powerful ability as she was temporarily able to seize control over Spartan at one point during a training exercise. However, he later forced her out and the current version of Spartan is completely psi-immune. Voodoo is also able to enter minds, and manipulate an individuals powers and abilities from the outside. Which is how she shrinks Maul down whenever Maul loses control.
- Mental Illusion: Voodoo is capable of very minor telepathic illusions, used to briefly distract and deter and opponent. She is powerful enough to effect even the highly developed mind of a Kheribum Lord like Entropy,with illusions so believable, they are staggering.
- Empathy: Voodoo seemingly has slight empathic abilities that generate a magnetic attraction about her that members of the opposite sex can't help but notice her. If she's in a room chances are someone will pick her out or have their eyes drawn to her. She is naturally appealing, this power enhancing her already considerable beauty.
- Voodoo Magic: Voodoo learned a limited amount of voodoo magic from a Voodoo Priestess. Wishing to return to her voodoo rituals she sought to learn more from her southern roots.
- Magnetic Manipulation
- Daemonite Physiology: The following represents the potential alien abilities available to the average Daemonite while operating on Earth. Even if demonstration of such abilities has not been explicitly shown in a canonical resource. The higher the status of the Daemonite the stronger their abilities are. Training and practice of their abilities allow them to break the cap of their abilities. Variations of these powers may apply depending upon the wielder in question.
- Accelerated Healing: If a Daemonite is ever harmed it can heal indefinitely while it's brain still survives. Daemonites have been seen losing their limbs, internal organs and portions of their brains while still surviving. It also seems that Daemonites heal more quickly while resting within a host body.
- Chronokinesis Most Daemonites possess a degree of time manipulation however the exact limits of this ability are unknown.
- Claws: Daemonites have long, dangerous claws on each hand and foot which they use within combat and to help break the mental barrier of their host bodies. They can also expose these claws while within their host body to allow for stronger attacks.
- Fangs: Daemonites have long, dangerous fangs in their mouths which they use to rend and tear at targets. Their fangs can help them breach the mental barriers of their hosts. Some Daemonites use long tendrils instead of fangs for the same effects.
- Immortality: Daemonites have survived for countless years within and without a host body. It is assumed by scientists and enemies of the Daemonites that they are immortal; however, this may only be the case in mental form. As such Daemonites can in fact live forever if only while within a host body. Without a body it can still survive at least a million years.
- Metamorphosis: Only the strongest of Daemonites can shape-shift. Only the strongest of those Daemonites can change into inorganic material. A Daemonite can shape-shift even while possessing a host body but they'll normally revert quite quickly. Only one Daemonite has been seen shifting his body parts into inorganic material but the possibility remains for all Daemonites.
- Phasing: Daemonites have a degree of intangibility allowing them to phase through solid objects as they do when they take possession of a host body. They can continue to phase even while within their host body. Their phasing isn't automatic and they must concentrate to hold their form.
- Possession: Daemonites are parasitic beings that not only take complete control over another being's body but inhabits their mind as well. They feed on the nutrients and physiology of the host body until the body is destroyed or the Daemonite abandons it. Normally, possession causes no harm to the physical body but the process changes frequently. The stronger the Daemonite the easier the transition. Occasionally, the Daemonite can leave the host body violently and destroy the body.
- Superhuman Durability: A Daemonite's body is more durable than that of a human while on Earth. While some Daemonites cannot survive a bullet to the head which removes their brain functions others can take multiple bullets to their body without harm. Physical training can increase a Daemonite's durability.
- Superhuman Speed: A Daemonite's body is faster than that of a human while on Earth. Either while within a human host or not they exhibit incredible amounts of speed which can carry them to speeds that match that of most street cars while their physical capabilities of speed while in combat also increase past human levels.
This also confers:
- Superhuman Strength: A Daemonite's body is stronger than that of a human while on Earth. When a Daemonite must they will resort to physical combat and exhibit their strength enough to roll over cars or rip off a door to a plane. A Daemonite's strength is determined by their physical capability and some Daemonites may not be as strong as others.
- Telepathy: Daemonites are not only physical beings that take possession of host bodies but they manipulate the mental effects of the beings as well. Not limited to only understanding the thoughts of each other or their hosts they can extend this ability to a wide range and even track targets by their mental signature. Most Daemonites are connected by a central mind which they do not need to focus to maintain.
- Expert Martial Artist: Zealot has trained her in the martial arts of The Coda.
- Occultism: She was also mentored in the use of Voodoo magic by a High Voodoo Priestess.
- Talented Dancer
- Described as the most gifted of gifted ones. Voodoo is perhaps one of the more powerful cross-breeds and SPB's around. She possess extreme potential and her powers when all added together, coupled with her coda training, and now potential training in the arts of voodoo magic. Make her one of the most fearsome individuals in Wildstorm, anyone would have to face. Her abilities cover a wide range and in the past she was limited only by her lack of experience and conviction. Now that she has both, she is a force to be reckoned with.
- Voodoo has appeared in the following non-WildStorm Image publications: Savage Dragon #13 (Erik Larsen version) and #41.
- 81 Appearances of Priscilla Kitaen (Wildstorm Universe)
- 34 Images featuring Priscilla Kitaen (Wildstorm Universe)
- 6 Quotations by or about Priscilla Kitaen (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Priscilla Kitaen (Wildstorm Universe)