At the end of 1959, a robotics specialist presented his newest creation, a duplicate of Wonder Woman that he said was better than the original. The Amazon Princess accepted his challenge saying she would retire if the robot won a contest between them. Unfortunately, the competition was rigged to favor the imitation and the victory would go to the one who went the longest without sleep. Feeling humiliated, Diana agreed to go back to Paradise Island, not knowing that the Robot Master was known as Professor Menace. He had arranged the contest on behalf of the underworld. Not satisfied with beating Wonder Woman and leaving her in retirement, Professor Menace sent his robot to attack Diana as she was heading home. The Amazing Amazon did away with the robot, short-circuiting it with an electric eel and bringing the Robot Master to justice.
Professor Menace returned, joining with a number of other criminal masterminds including Doctor Destiny, Clock King and Getaway Mastermind, who broke out of prison in 1961. Recognizing that they'd be the subject of a manhunt by the Justice League, the group decided to take precautions. Professor Menace would be a key player. He constructed exact replicas of each criminal and those robots were wired with explosives and sent into battle with the JLA. Stumbling onto the fact that their foes were artificial beings, Green Arrow figured out the plot and shot arrows into their bodies, causing the explosion meant for himself and his teammates. GA trailed the true rogues to their lair and captured all six men.
Robot duplicate of Wonder Woman
- This version of Professor Menace, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Professor Menace (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Professor Menace (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Professor Menace (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Professor Menace (Earth-One)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."