Proinsias Cassidy is a vampire, and the best friend of Jesse Custer.
Cassidy was born in 1900 in the city of Balbriggan, Ireland. Along with his brother Billy, Cassidy joined the Irish Republican Brotherhood. Together they took part in the Easter Rising of 1916.
Billy realized that the rebellion was doomed to failure and dragged Cassidy away from the conflict. They spent some time with a circus, where he earned the nickname "Little Tom" for his short height before moving on. They ended up stopping near a swamp to rest for the night, on their walk home.
In the middle of the night, Cassidy was attacked by a female vampire that inhabited the swamp, and ended up bitten. Billy shot it in the head, causing the vampire and Cassidy to fall into the swamp. Billy then ran away, assuming his brother was dead.
Cassidy awoke the next morning, underwater. He burst into flames, upon exiting the swamp. He decided to remain underwater until sunset. He finally emerged that night, voraciously hungry. Growing desperate, he attempted to feed on a sheep but was caught and shot directly in the chest with a shotgun. Surviving the wound, along with his reaction to sunlight and suddenly enhanced strength and speed, Cassidy realized he was no longer human.
Meeting Jesse & Tulip
- Vampirism: After being bitten, and transformed into a vampire, Cassidy gained many supernatural powers and abilities.
- Enhanced Sense of Smell: As a vampire, Cassidy possess a far greater sense of smell than any normal human.
- Immortality: As a vampire, Cassidy is functionally immortal and cannot die by any ordinary means, and does not appear to physically age.
- Regeneration: Cassidy is able to heal wounds at a faster rate than normal humans, and can accelerate the speed of his healing by consuming blood.
- Superhuman Strength: As a vampire, Cassidy possesses significantly enhanced strength, to the point where he can easily overpower a normal man.
- Superhuman Speed: As a vampire, Cassidy possesses significantly enhanced speed, greater than any normal human.
- Superhuman Durability: As a vampire, Cassidy is far more resilient than any normal human.
- 7 Appearances of Proinsias Cassidy (Preacher)
- 1 Images featuring Proinsias Cassidy (Preacher)
- Quotations by or about Proinsias Cassidy (Preacher)
- Character Gallery: Proinsias Cassidy (Preacher)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."