"The Stars are but Thistles": Barbara and Sophie fall into the Abyss and arrive at Daath. They encounter Aleister Crowley, who's in female form and riding a camel. After a brief conversation, the two continue their journey searching fo
- It was like something H.P. Lovecraft pulled out of his nose.
Appearing in "The Stars are but Thistles"
- Aleister "Alice" Crowley
- Austin Osman Spare
- Victor Neuberg (a poet)
- The Black Tower
Synopsis for "The Stars are but Thistles"
Barbara and Sophie fall into the Abyss and arrive at Daath. They encounter Aleister Crowley, who's in female form and riding a camel. After a brief conversation, the two continue their journey searching for Barbara's husband, Steve. They come upon a black tower and find a younger version of Austin Osman Spare, but he doesn't remember them. Spare informs them that they are traveling through "the dreadful absence, a crack in everything." Barbara and Sophie began to understand that they're intellectually, emotionally and spiritually lost. They then witness Aleister Crowley, now as a male, summoning Choronzon and then suddenly the two disintegrate and wind up at Binah.
- This book was first published on April 17, 2002.
- The cover is a tribute to artist "Richard Upton Pickman," who is a character in H.P. Lovecraft's "Pickman’s Model" short story.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Promethea Vol 1 20 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Promethea series
- Images from Promethea Vol 1 20
Links and References
- No external links.