Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Et In Arcadia Ego": The F.B.I. learn that Henry Royce sent a Smee, a Semi Mindless Elemental Entity, to kill Promethea.
- The white light. The pure, perfect experience of God. Some souls just dissolve into it, forever. Some souls go into it and don’t come back. But then… why would you?
- -- Sophie Bangs
Appearing in "Et In Arcadia Ego"
- Smee (captured by the F.B.I.)
- Bruno Smiliac (Jellyhead) (Appears only as a corpse)
- Marvel Hamilton
- Agent Karen Breughel
- Agent Peter Hansard
- Agent Lucille Ball
- Jack Faust (a magician)
- Aleister Crowley
- Malkuth, New York City
Synopsis for "Et In Arcadia Ego"
In Chokmah, Sophie and Barbara enter an Arcadian landscape and experience the primordial moment of the Big Bang. They realize that "spacetime" is always beginning and always ending, all at once.
Sophie understands that she is to preside over the apocalypse, and wonders if the end of the world has already started on Earth.
After this revelation, they notice Aleister Crowley dressed as "the fool" and sitting outside at the bottom of a staircase which leads up to the sky. He is too frightened to walk up. He informs them that Barbara's husband, Steven Shelley went up earlier. He then warns them not to look into the face of God above for too long, or else they may never look away.
The two women hold hands and begin climbing the staircase.
To be continued...
- This book was first published on September 18, 2002.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Promethea Vol 1 22 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Promethea series
- Images from Promethea Vol 1 22
Links and References
- No external links.