"Rocks and Hard Places": As Sophie Bangs continues to recover at the hospital she dreams of the Immateria, and meets Bill Woolcott, a writer-artist who worked on the Promethea stories between 1939-1969. Bill warns Sophie of the danger
- I'm Big Bill at the moment. I worked on Promethea longer than anyone, '39 through '69. My Promethea wasn't the wisest or the strongest, but I like to think she was the nicest
Appearing in "Rocks and Hard Places"
- Patricia Bangs (Sophie's mom)
- Dennis Drucker (Flashback only)
- New York City (1999)
- South Tower Hospital
- The Immateria
Synopsis for "Rocks and Hard Places"
As Sophie Bangs continues to recover at the hospital she dreams of the Immateria, and meets Bill Woolcott, a writer-artist who worked on the Promethea stories between 1939-1969. Bill warns Sophie of the dangers of the Earthly realm and how she should "bring the light of pure spirit down to free earthbound humanity." He then wishes her goodbye and to be careful.
Sophie awakes from her hospital bed. Her mother and friend, Stacia, are at her side. Suddenly, an explosion occurs outside the building. From above, the demons that Benny Solomon summoned earlier have arrived and are ready to to attack Sophie.
To be continued...
- The cover is a parody of the Young Romance comic books that were published by DC Comics in the 1950's.
- José Villarrubia was the digital artist for pages 13-20.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Promethea Vol 1 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Promethea series
- Images from Promethea Vol 1 7
Links and References
- No external links.