Punch and his partner Jewelee were working as puppeteers at the Coney Island Fairgrounds when they discovered a mysterious extraterrestrial chest filled with various bizarre items. Taking possession of these materials, they decided to use them to commit various crimes. Punch put together a jester's costume similar to what he wore in his professional vocation. One of the items in their possession was a mind-recording device. Punch intended on using this item to steal important trade secrets from the mind's of important American businessmen and auction them off overseas to the highest bidder. The scheme turned sour however when one of their would-be victims turned out to be Alec Rois - the Ghost. This incident also earned them the attention of the super-heroes Captain Atom and Nightshade. Punch and Jewelee were defeated, but soon escaped and remained at large.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Punch is an adequate who can hold his own in a fight, but is by no means an expert in any particular fighting style.
Average: Punch possesses the strength level of a man his age size and weight who engages in moderate regular exercise.
- Mind-Recording Device: This was an alien artifact that came equipped with pre-recorded instructions on how to use the other items contained within the chest. This device also enabled Punch and Jewelee to steal the knowledge and memories of its intended victims.
- Hypno-Gems: Another alien tool found with the chest, the Hypno-Gems were capable of hypnotizing other human beings. This item was actually more often used by Jewelee then Punch.
- Anti-Gravity Boots: By donning these special boots, Punch could defy the forces of gravity to a limited extent, enabling him to virtually "walk" on air. This particular brand of footwear is not dissimilar to the boots worn by James Jesse, aka the Trickster.
- Sting Strings: Punch used an alien gun that projected beams of concentrated light that allowed him to take physical control over another person's body. In function, the sting strings were similar to the strings found on a puppet.
- This version of Punch (Earth-Four), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series and is now considered apocryphal.
- Punch and Jewelee's code-names are pastiches of the famous puppets Punch and Judy.
- 5 Appearances of Punch (Earth-Four)
- 1 Images featuring Punch (Earth-Four)
- Quotations by or about Punch (Earth-Four)
- Character Gallery: Punch (Earth-Four)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: