The Puzzler was a hostile British competitor in crime against Edward Nigma (the Riddler) who specialized in technology-oriented crimes with a Shakespearean motif and whose favorite trick was secret writing.
The Puzzler was portrayed by Royal Shakespeare Company repertory artist Maurice Evans. Mr. Evans would later portray the villainous Dr. Zaius the orangutan in the first two of the Planet Of The Apes feature films for 20th-Century Fox Film Corporation, through which studio Batman was produced.
- The Puzzles are Coming/The Duo is Slumming was originally written for the Riddler, but when it was discovered Frank Gorshin would no longer be available to play the part, the episode was rewritten for an original character called Mr. Conundrum,  who would later become the Puzzler after ABC had gained permission from DC Comics to use this name (Superman had once fought a villain called the Puzzler).
- The original Riddler episode (see previous footnote) was originally titled "A Penny For Your Riddles"/"They're Worth A Lot More."
- 2 Appearances of Puzzler (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 1 Images featuring Puzzler (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Puzzler (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Puzzler (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|1966-1968 Batman television series and the 1966 Batman feature film. This template will categorize articles that include it into Batman TV Series Characters.|
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966 film or related television show. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."