Pym-El was a native of the planet Krypton and a respected member of the House of El. Pym-El worked as a member of the Kandorian security force in the years following the Last War. In Kryptonian year 9876, Pym-El's brother, Gam-El was awarded a contract to rebuild the ruins of Kryptonopolis. Midway through construction, Gam-El detected various signs of sabotage. A group of nefarious individuals bombed one of the site foundations in the nightime hours. Gam-El contacted Pym-El, and together they routed out the young terrorists. Pym-El tricked them into revealing the name of their benefactor – a wealthy Kandorian entrepreneur named, Kly-Anth. Gam and Pym-El traveled to Kandor and confronted Kly-Anth directly. Kly-Anth confessed to being the leading property owner in all of Kandor. Many Kandorians threatened to leave Kandor for the new city, which would have cost Kly-Anth substantially in lost revenue. Pym-El arrested him and from that point on, construction of Kryptonopolis continued without obstruction. By 9874, Kryptonopolis became the official capital city of Krypton.
- This version of Pym-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Pym-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Pym-El (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Pym-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Pym-El (Earth-One)