Quaar was a fisherman from the Aquamarine Archipelago. Fire Jade sensed his unease in Lord Aquamarine's rule, and armed him with a mystical sword to rebel against his lord. He quickly gained a following. After besieging the castle, Quaar managed to slay Lord Aquamarine.
The other nobles, having sensed Aquamarine's death, rallied against the rebellion, which led to Fire Jade having to reveal herself. Uneasy with her enmity towards the other nobles and her order for him to slay Lady Aquamarine and her infant son, he abandoned her and sided with Amethyst.
As she was aware of her late husband's plans to rule all of Gemworld, Quaar refused to let her rule. He proposed to make the archipelago a democracy, and Amethyst agreed with the plan. Quaar eventually ceded power to a newly elected leader who continued his predecessor's direction.
- Sword: a sword that can deflect magic back at its caster.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 5 Appearances of Quaar (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Quaar (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Quaar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Quaar (New Earth)