Queen Clea is the ruler of the Atlantean outpost of Venturia. Queen Clea enslaved the men of her realm and amused herself by putting many to death in gladiatorial combat. Desiring extended rule, Clea repeatedly attacked Venturia's sister city of Aurania. Despite this failure she still wishes to conquer the entire lost continent of Atlantis. To do this, Clea stole the Trident of Poseidon, giving her vast mystical powers.
When Clea took her battle to the surface world she battled against Queen Hippolyta, who was the Wonder Woman in the 1940's, and was defeated. Clea then teamed with the original Villainy Inc. to overtake Hippolyta but her plans were foiled once again.
Queen Clea returns invading the hidden nation of Skartaris. She worked with Cyborgirl to take control of the entire dimension. Clea's entire plan, however, was commandeered by Trinity. Trinity was in fact revealed to be a virus, engineered by the founders of Skartaris. When the Trinity Virus was reintroduced into Skartaris' governing computer system, the whole land began to regress and "devolve" to its origins.
Wonder Woman before it became permanent, but still some of Skartaris' inhabitants including Clea were lost in the devolution. At one point Hippolyta's daughter, Diana, traveled back in time and discovered them in battle. She was defeated by Wonder Woman who disguised herself Clea's own daughter Ptra.
Clea later returns assigned to kill Wonder Woman. She is once again in possession of the Trident of Poseidon and now has the power of flight. She explains that she, and her fellow cohorts, had their abilities amplified by the witch Circe. She eventually is subdued by several of Wonder Woman's allies and taken into custody by Nemesis and the Department of Metahuman Affairs.
- Atlantean Physiology: Queen Clea can swim at incredible speeds and can withstand the pressure of the ocean at great depths. Adapted for breathing underwater and resisting deep-sea-level pressure.
- Asphyxiation: Atlanteans can only exist outside of water for a limited period of time or else they will dehydrate, asphyxiate and ultimately die.
- 10 Appearances of Queen Clea (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Queen Clea (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Queen Clea (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Queen Clea (New Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."