Little is known of the Queen of Clubs, except that she was the childhood friend of Amos Fortune, the "Ace of Clubs" of the Royal Flush Gang. Fortune patterned all of his original gang members after the high-ranking cards in the suit of Clubs, and provided them with weaponized playing cards charged with stellaration energy. Partnered with the King of Clubs, the Queen fought against and initially defeated several members of the Justice League of America, including Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Flash, and Wonder Woman. Ultimately, it was Snapper Carr who was granted the means used to defeat the Royal Flush Gang. 
The Queen of Clubs and her colleagues faced the JLA a second time while impersonating historical characters (in Queen's case, Queen Elizabeth the first) in an attempt to locate a hidden treasure, and also had a run-in with Superman during the second year of the Man of Steel's costumed career. 
Shortly after Amos Fortune abandoned the Gang, the Queen of Clubs and the rest of the Gang, having switched suits to Spades, attempted to steal paintings containing clues to a hidden treasure, but she was thwarted by the machinations of the Joker.  Some time later, Queen, King and a new lineup of the gang faced Wonder Woman, but were defeated again.
After this failure, the Queen abandoned her criminal career, but she later reunited with the original Gang for a one-time encounter against the so-called "Justice League Detroit". She was apparently killed during this encounter, thanks to the machinations of Amos Fortune, who had allied himself with the second Flush Gang as their Ace.
- JLA Classified #22 establishes that the original Royal Flush Gang were childhood friends and that they adopted their positions within the gang based on their first name initials: Amos = Ace, Kerry = King, Queenie = Queen, Jack = Jack, and Tom = Ten.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 9 Appearances of Queenie (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Queenie (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Queenie (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Queenie (New Earth)
|Royal Flush Gang member |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."