Dr. Quentin Quantis was the head scientist of the Cuteness department of PADDYWAC, the Pennsylvania Departments of Distribution, Youth, Welfare, Agriculture, and Cuteness.
Quantis developed a cuteness serum by extracting fluids from koala bears. He apparently took the serum himself, as he slowly began to turn into a koala. First, his nose transformed into that of a koala, and then his entire head. Eventually, he became a gigantic koala. At some point, he swallowed his assistant, Dr. Bagel.
He arrived in Metropolis, smashing into the office of Ambush Bug and crushing a PADDYWAC janitor who had come there seeking protection from Quantis. Nearby observers were overwhelmed by his cuteness, and Jonni DC soon arrived on the scene, demanding information about the giant koala's place in continuity. However, Quantis easily defeated her and began to play golf with her unconscious body.
Ambush Bug confronted Quantis wearing a female koala costume, but was soon swallowed. In Quantis's stomach, he encountered Dr. Bagel, who informed him about an antidote for the koala serum. The Bug teleported to PADDYWAC, where he synthesized the antidote. He then transported back to Metropolis, where he administered it to Quantis, returning him to his human form.
- Superhuman Strength
- Overwhelming cuteness
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Quentin Quantis (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Quentin Quantis (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Quentin Quantis (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Quentin Quantis (New Earth)