Querl Dox, or Brainiac 5, was a Coluan member of the Legion of Super-Heroes with a supremely advanced intellect. Although his ancestor Brainiac was a super-villain, Querl strove to atone for the misdeeds of his lineage.
His was mother Brainiac 4 one of his home planets most famous scientist. She abandoned her son on the day of his birth to continue her research as she considered him a distraction. Brainiac 5 was advanced even for Coluan standards as he speaking by the time he was an infant and a scientist by a toddler. Brainiac 5's research were against Coluan law so he was sent to do research for R.J. Brande. Brainiac 5 destroyed various laboratories in his time, Brande one of the richest men in Galaxy could only tolerate so much so sent him to work at the Time Institute on Talus. Brainiac 5 was drafted by his people to join the Legion. He ignored it and continued with his work.
Eventually they found him and he was forced to join. He saved the Earth from the Xenophobic White Triangle, then healed Triad, cured Andromeda's lead poisoning a weakness of all Daxamites. One of the most important inventions was the anti-gravity metal used to construct the Legion Flight Rings.
He developed a crush on Andromeda, but she was killed. He made some new discoveries at that, and used them to travel back in time to save the hero, Valor. He was arrested by the United Planets, however, because time travel was illegal.
- Brainiac 5 is famous for blowing up an extraordinary number of labs in the course of his experiments. His fellow Legionnaires have come to believe that rather than being a series of accidents, this is simply his standard methodology. 
- In secret, Brainiac 5 regularly mildly sabotages the Legion's video gaming equipment, to make gameplay just off enough to infuriate people.
- Brainiac 5 is also known as Brainiac 5.1.
- 161 Appearances of Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
- 15 Images featuring Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
- 9 Quotations by or about Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Legion of Super-Heroes member