Querl Dox, or Brainiac 5, was a Coluan member of the Legion of Super-Heroes with a supremely advanced intellect. Although his ancestor Brainiac was a supervillain, Querl strove to atone for the misdeeds of his lineage.
His was mother Brainiac 4 one of his home planets most famous scientist. She abandoned her son on the day of his birth to continue her research as she considrered him a distraction. Brainiac 5 was advanced even for Colaun standards as he speaking by the time he was an infant and a scientist by a toddler. Brainiac 5's research were against Coluan law so he was sent to do research for R.J. Brande. Brainiac 5 destroyed various laboratorys in his time, Brande one of the richest men in Galaxy could only tolerate so much so sent him to work at the Time Institute on Talus. Brainiac 5 was drafted by his people to join the Legion. He ingnored it and continued with his work.
Eventually they found him and he was forced to join. He saved the Earth from the Xenophobic White Triangle, then healed Triad, cured Andromeda's lead poisoning a weakness of all Daxamites. One of the most important inventions was the anti-gravity metal used to construct the Legion Flight Rings.
He developed a crush on Andromeda, but she was killed. He made some new discoveries at that, and used them to travel back in time to save the hero, Valor. He was arrested by the United Planets, however, because time travel was illegal.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Genius-Level Intellect:Querl has a "12th-level intellect", which grants him superhuman calculation skills, amazing memory and exceptional technical know-how. This increased intellect gives him superior calculating abilities, an encyclopedic memory and innovating scientific knowledge. By concentrating the power and disciplined nature of his mighty mind he safely operated the extra-dimensional device known as the Miracle Machine, which converts thoughts into reality. Using it, he successfully repelled the Dark Circle armies - repairing all the damage caused by the invasion - and completed the construction of the new Legion HQ. He has played three-dimensional chess against three powerful computers, added up every number in a math textbook in seconds, retained his memories and clarity of thought after being de-aged into a tot, resisted illusion-assisted brainwashing, resisted hypnotism and adapted many inventions and experiments. By comparison, 20th century Earth as a whole constitutes a "6th-Level" intelligence. 31st century Earth as a whole is a "9th-Level" intelligence. Although most Coluans have a "12th level" intellect, Querl is considered a prodigy, that possibly comes along once in a millennium.
- Force-Shield Belt: Brainiac 5's primary invention is his personal force-shield generator. Brainiac 5 re-discovered the technical process behind original Brainiac's force-shield belt, which is capable of generating a virtually impervious field of protection. The belt must be attuned to the vibratory rate of its user before it can work. While activated, Brainiac 5's movement is not impeded. The belt has been speculated to break down exhaled carbon dioxide and liberate more oxygen enabling Brainy to breathe the same air repeatedly while in the field. The force-shield has been penetrated by sufficient powerful solar-energies, and while inside the protective barrier, he is vulnerable to being shaken within. The life of the force-shield belt is shortened radically when taken back through the time barrier and into the past, if it is in a position of compromising unalterable history.
Brainiac 5 has adapted the workings of his force-shield belt to produce a force ray, a modified form of the force-field projector circuit, which can drill through walls. He has also hooked it up to a force-blaster and projected a force-shield around the entire clubhouse.
- Legion Flight Ring: All Legionnaires were presented with a flight ring that enabled them to defy gravity and sustain movement through the air by aerodynamically generating force.
- Brainiac 5 is famous for blowing up an extraordinary number of labs in the course of his experiments. His fellow Legionnaires have come to believe that rather than being a series of accidents, this is simply his standard methodology. 
- In secret, Brainiac 5 regularly mildly sabotages the Legion's video gaming equipment, to make gameplay just off enough to infuriate people.
- 150 Appearances of Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
- 9 Images featuring Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
- 8 Quotations by or about Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
- Character Gallery: Querl Dox (Post-Zero Hour)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
Legion of Super-Heroes member