Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Dream on, Quartz-Butt! I'm not gonna sit around bored outta my skull watchin' you losers mope!
- -- Lobo
Appearing in "Less Than Zero"
- R.E.B.E.L.S. (First appearance)
- Alanash (Only appearance; dies)
- L.E.G.I.O.N. Headquarters
Synopsis for "Less Than Zero"
The R.E.B.E.L.S. take their cruiser and ambush a L.E.G.I.O.N. supply freighter. The team fights up against a squadron of guards, but manage to acquire the supplies they need before the next scheduled patrol ship arrives. While the others pack their ship full of food and weapons, Lobo is more concerned about the computer games that he managed to steal.
At L.E.G.I.O.N. headquarters, Lyrl Dox goes over the authorized history of the L.E.G.I.O.N. He consults with archivist Alanash, but quickly finds that he is dis-satisfied with factual history and prefers instead to rewrite it himself.
Frustrated, Alanash returns to his quarters. The only other archive of true L.E.G.I.O.N. history is recorded in his personal journal. He knows that if it is discovered, it will be destroyed. Alanash hides his journal on an Alpha-Probe before it launches into space. He then stages a violent frenzy at Headquarters forcing L.E.G.I.O.N. security guards to shoot him. Although he dies, he is confident that Lyrl believes that all of the archivist's knowledge of L.E.G.I.O.N. history dies with him.
The R.E.B.E.L.S., unaware of everything taking place at their old HQ, continue flying through space. Phase picks up something on the scanner. Looking at the monitor screen, they find themselves facing off against an armada of ships.
- In October of 1994, all of the existing mainstream DC Comics titles released a special "0" issue to coincide with the Zero Hour crossover event. The purpose of the "0" issue was to reveal a previously unknown aspect of the title character's background. DC Titles under the Vertigo imprint were largely unaffected by Zero Hour and thus, no "0" issue specials were published for them.
- The L.E.G.I.O.N. previously appeared in L.E.G.I.O.N. '94 #70, where Lyrl Dox usurped control from his father. This is the first appearance of the R.E.B.E.L.S..
- Includes a condensed version of the L.E.G.I.O.N.'s history.
- At this time, the R.E.B.E.L.S. alien craft The Di'ib has not been provided with an actual name.
- Writer Tom Peyer is credited as "Tennessee Peyer" in this issue; an allusion to American playwright Tennessee Williams.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss R.E.B.E.L.S. Vol 1 0 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the R.E.B.E.L.S. series
Links and References
- R.E.B.E.L.S. article at Wikipedia
- R.E.B.E.L.S. '94 series index at DCU Guide
- R.E.B.E.L.S. '94 series index at Comicbookdb.com
- R.E.B.E.L.S. '94 series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- L.E.G.I.O.N. at Wikipedia.org
- L.E.G.I.O.N. Chronology at Cosmic Teams
|Zero Hour Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time!, or its successor event Zero Month. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Zero Hour category.