"Origin of the Tatterdemalion": A new superhero, the Ragman, whose uniform is made from tatters of various garments, fights two hoods after they kill a victim, and one of the crooks falls to his death.
Appearing in "Origin of the Tatterdemalion"
- Ragman (First appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Anders (Flashback and main story)
- Vorst (Flashback and main story) (Dies)
- Dill Dixon (Dies)
- Miss Talmadge (Single appearance)
- Mr. Nenni (Single appearance)
- Timmy (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Origin of the Tatterdemalion"
A new superhero, the Ragman, whose uniform is made from tatters of various garments, fights two hoods after they kill a victim, and one of the crooks falls to his death.
The Ragman, in reality junk shop dealer and Vietnam vet Rory Regan, remembers how he gained the powers of four men. He thinks back to the past when his alcoholic father, and three friends, found some money in a mattress. While threatening the four men, a group of gangsters shot down the power lines, which hung above the men. Rory grasped his father's hand to try and help the four to safety, but they were electrocuted. Somehow the four men passed their strength and skills to Rory.
- This book was first published on May 10, 1976.
- The brothers Nestor and Frank Redondo are credited as Redondo Studios in this issue.
Based on the "Daily Planet" editorial page, this issue was released the week of May 10th, 1976.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Ragman Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Ragman series
- Images from Ragman Vol 1 1
Links and References
- Ragman at Wikipedia
- Ragman at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Ragman RPG info
- Ragman (Volume 1) series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Ragman (Volume 1) series index at Comicbookdb.com