Albrecht Raines, alias the Rainbow Archer, was an artist who had seen very little profit from his work. He formed an underworld criminal gang, and began printing counterfeit money. Green Arrow and his sidekick, Speedy, were investigating the trail of phony money and quickly identified Raines' counterfeit bills by their inaccurate coloring. They captured Raines and sent him to prison.
Some time later, Raines got out of jail and declared vengeance against Green Arrow and Speedy. He donned a costume and began calling himself the Rainbow Archer. On his first operation, he looted an armored car, slinging arrows of various colors. Due to his hatred of Green Arrow however, he refused to use arrows that are colored green. Police officers arrived on the scene and the Rainbow Archer attempted to distract them. Green Arrow showed up and stopped him once again. He returned Raines to prison, ending his career as the Rainbow Archer once and for all.
- This version of Albrecht Raines (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Albrecht Raines (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Albrecht Raines (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Albrecht Raines (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Albrecht Raines (Earth-One)
|Green Arrow Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Green Arrow, or his supporting cast including Black Canary and Team Arrow. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Arrow Villains."