Born in an unspecified South American country, Vicaro excelled in his studies at school and overcame poverty to become a respected seismologist in his native land. As an adult, he married a woman (whose name has not been made public) and fathered a daughter named Maria. Shortly after Maria Vicaro was born, however, an unspecified tragedy befell her mother, and she died. This tragedy apparently caused Dr. Vicaro such grief that he turned away from supporting his country's government and embraced Communism, agreeing to work for agents of Iron Curtain countries to help de-stabilize his homeland.
To do this, Vicaro used his expertise in seismology and geology to target factories that produced goods for both local citizens and shipment to democratic countries overseas. With his knowledge of local weak spots, he was able to create massive destruction by triggering avalanches in such a way that they would engulf the targeted factories.
Upon learning of this, and suspecting a Communist plot, the U.S. government directed their specialized peacekeeping unit, the Blackhawks, to investigate. The Blackhawks were able to determine that Vicaro was the one behind the sabotage, and captured him with help from his own daughter Maria, who was sickened by her father's acts. Vicaro was brought up on charges of treason and sabotage, and given a life prison term, which he is still serving.
Vicaro is an expert seismologist and demolitions specialist.
- This version of Avalanche King, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Ramon Vicaro (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Ramon Vicaro (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Ramon Vicaro (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Ramon Vicaro (Earth-One)