Rand Garrow was a criminal with an excellent mechanical engineer, as he was able to create all sorts of machines. He was captured by Batman and sentenced to 20 years at the Gotham State Penitentiary. However, his contributions to the prison's workshop granted him an early parole and once free, he adopted the alias of "Crimesmith" and started a new wave of crimes using some of the most complex and unique of his inventions. Garrow operated some of his machines from his secret base of operations known as the crimecave, but it wasn't too long after this that his secret hideout was discovered and he was once again captured by Batman.
- This version of Crimesmith, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Randolph Garrow (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Randolph Garrow (Earth-Two)
- Quotations by or about Randolph Garrow (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Randolph Garrow (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."