Inspired by the exploits of the Batman of Gotham City, one Australian man became a superhero, theming his costume around Australian bush rangers. With a group of international heroes, he was assembled on an island in the Caribbean. However, personal conflict split the group, and the Ranger went his own way again.
Over the next few years, the Ranger was forced to deal with steadily more violent opponents. Eventually, he changed his costume to a reflect "space ranger" theme, with a jetpack and an advanced firearm. He also changed his methods, becoming more violent himself.
One year after the Infinite Crisis, Batman tried to bring the Club of Heroes back together, as a way of building bridges. The Ranger was rather maudlin, and was killed by the Wingman, who stole his costume.
After his death, the Dark Ranger's equipment was taken by his erstwhile sidekick, the Scout.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 5 Appearances of Ranger (New Earth)
- 13 Images featuring Ranger (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ranger (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ranger (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.