Rape is sexual assault, violation of the body through intercourse without consent. It is a very controversial subject in comics, and the DC Universe has dealt with it several times. Its violent nature makes it a go-to crime for "darker and edgier" comic stories, which can often be perceived as a case of "fridging" a character.
- Arella was raped by the demon Trigon, leading to the conception of their daughter Raven.
- Artemis Her soul ended up in Tartarus after death and there she became a figurative bride or concubine to one of the ruling Princes of Hell named Dalkriig-Hath. Diana had came to her aid, but Artemis accepted her fate. Despite, being raped, beaten and tortured at first, at the hands of her "husband" and possibly other demons, she became accustomed to her "damnation", and adapted quickly. 
- Bleez was repeatedly raped by members of the Sinestro Corps after her home planet was overrun, which inspired her with the rage to become a member of the Red Lantern Corps.
- Grace Choi ran away from her foster home and was abducted to become an underage sex slave from the ages of 9 to 12. Her abuser was a man named Tanner who held her prisoner until her powers developed.
- Harriet Arkham and her daughter were both brutally raped and murdered by Martin "Mad Dog" Hawkins.
- Hippolyta
- Lady Flash was raped by Vandal Savage.
- Starfire was raped by members of the Citadel.
- Mirage was raped and impregnated by Deathwing and gave birth to her daughter Julienne.
- Sue Dibny was revealed to have been brutally raped by Doctor Light during the Identity Crisis storyline.
- The original Silk Spectre was raped by the Comedian in Watchmen.
- Windfall was drugged and passed around by members of a fraternity at her college, who posted pictures online. The local district attorney was father to one of the boys, and he refused to press charges. The school used her past career as a super-villain to justify expelling her, and she ended up on the Suicide Squad.
- Apollo
- Batman was drugged and raped to conceive a child with Talia al Ghul which she raised in secrecy. This is a retcon of an earlier story in which their sexual encounter was entirely consensual, and took place during a marriage.
- Cosmic Boy
- Green Arrow was raped by Shado while he was delirious with fever, believing her to be his girlfriend Black Canary. This lead to the birth of their son Robert Queen.
- Invisible Man was sodomized to death by Mr. Hyde in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comics, as revenge for Griffin assault and attempted rape of Mina Murray.
- Kyle Rayner was date-raped by Bueno Excellente, who slipped something into his drink. This is only mentioned in passing and he does not remember the incident.
- Nightwing has been raped on multiple occasions. Mirage posed as his girlfriend Starfire to deceive him into having sex with her. Tarantula pulled his pants down and raped him on top of a building while he was going into shock after the emotional strain of participating in Blockbuster's murder.
- Starman
- Swamp Thing was raped by an alien entity known as Technis.
- Vril Dox was raped by his L.E.G.I.O.N. teammate Stealth as part of her species' mating habits. This led to the birth of their son.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References
- ↑ Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #2
- ↑ Outsiders (Volume 3) #17
- ↑ Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
- ↑ Tales of the New Teen Titans #4
- ↑ Team Titans #8-10
- ↑ New Titans #130
- ↑ Identity Crisis #2
- ↑ Watchmen #2
- ↑ Suicide Squad (Volume 3) #5
- ↑ Batman #656, see excerpt
- ↑ Batman: Son of the Demon
- ↑ Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #24-26
- ↑ Green Arrow (Volume 2) #11
- ↑ League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Volume 2) #5
- ↑ JLA/Hitman #1, see excerpt
- ↑ Nightwing (Volume 2) #93, see excerpt
- ↑ Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #60
- ↑ L.E.G.I.O.N. #7