Sexual Assault is any involuntary sexual act whether by coercion or force, and any other non-consensual sexual touching or behaviour. It is a commonly used theme or plot device in comics - and a frequently controversial one, which the DC Universe has seen dealt with it on many occasions. The sometimes violent nature of these acts make sexual assault a go-to crime for "darker and edgier" comic stories, which are sometimes perceived as cases of "fridging" a character.
- Arella was raped by the demon Trigon, leading to the conception of their daughter Raven.
- Anne Pasquale was raped her freshman year in college by an unknown man who was never caught. The event caused Anne to become a cop.
- Artemis Her soul ended up in Tartarus after death and there she became a figurative bride or concubine to one of the ruling Princes of Hell named Dalkriig-Hath. Diana had came to her aid, but Artemis accepted her fate. Despite, being raped, beaten and tortured at first, at the hands of her "husband" and possibly other demons, she became accustomed to her "damnation", and adapted quickly. 
- Bleez was repeatedly raped by members of the Sinestro Corps after her home planet was overrun, which inspired her with the rage to become a member of the Red Lantern Corps.
- Cora was raped and impregnated by Dardanus and gave birth to her son Kordax.
- Demolitia was raped by a group of thugs after she was found under the rubble of a building.
- Grace Choi ran away from her foster home and was abducted to become an underage sex slave from the ages of 9 to 12. Her abuser was a man named Tanner who held her prisoner until her powers developed.
- Harriet Arkham and her daughter were both brutally raped and murdered by Martin "Mad Dog" Hawkins.
- Hippolyta was drugged, chained and raped by Hercules after he simulated a truce to steal her girdle.
- Judith Benoir was raped by Mathieu Arbogast and died due to injuries.
- Lady Flash was raped by Vandal Savage.
- Starfire was raped by members of the Citadel.
- Mirage was raped and impregnated by Deathwing and gave birth to her daughter Julienne.
- Pix was beaten and raped by a gang of street thugs.
- Sue Dibny was revealed to have been brutally raped by Doctor Light during the Identity Crisis storyline.
- The Huntress was kidnapped and raped by a mobster who belongs to a rival family when she was a child.
- The original Silk Spectre was raped by the Comedian in Watchmen.
- Windfall was drugged and passed around by members of a fraternity at her college, who posted pictures online. The local district attorney was father to one of the boys, and he refused to press charges. The school used her past career as a super-villain to justify expelling her, and she ended up on the Suicide Squad.
- Apollo was raped by The Commander. The rape was followed by a scene of revenge in which it is implied that The Midnighter raped The Commander with a jackhammer.
- Batman was drugged and raped to conceive a child with Talia al Ghul which she raised in secrecy. This is a retcon of an earlier story in which their sexual encounter was entirely consensual, and took place during a marriage.
- Cosmic Boy: Saturn Girl tried to use her telepathic powers to bring Cosmic Boy out of a coma. It appeared that she'd succeeded, but instead she was subconsciously animating and controlling his comatose body; during this period they began dating, and Cos woke up at their wedding. This admittedly was not treated as "okay" so much as it was forgiven because Saturn Girl did it subconsciously, not on purpose. 
- Edward Lawton: Deadshot's son. Edward was raped and killed by a pedophile. 
- Green Arrow was raped by Shado while he was delirious with fever, believing her to be his girlfriend Black Canary. This lead to the birth of their son Robert Queen.
- Invisible Man was sodomized to death by Mr. Hyde in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comics, as revenge for Griffin assault and attempted rape of Mina Murray.
- John Constantine was raped by Swamp Thing and his wife Abigail when Swamp Thing possessed John's body without his consent in order to conceive their daughter. 
- Kyle Rayner was date-raped by Bueno Excellente, who slipped something into his drink. This is only mentioned in passing and he does not remember the incident.
- Nightwing has been raped on multiple occasions. Mirage posed as his girlfriend Starfire to deceive him into having sex with her.Tarantula pulled his pants down and raped him on top of a building while he was going into shock after the emotional strain of participating in Blockbuster's murder.
- Starman was raped by the villainess Mist II and fathered a child. 
- Swamp Thing was raped by an alien entity known as Technis.
- Vril Dox was raped by his L.E.G.I.O.N. teammate Stealth as part of her species' mating habits. This led to the birth of their son.
- Aquaman was raped by Siren who was disguised as his wife, Mera.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
Links and References
- ↑ Teen Titans (Volume 3) #8
- ↑ Vigilante #33
- ↑ Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps #2
- ↑ Atlantis Chronicles #3
- ↑ Action Comics #718
- ↑ Outsiders (Volume 3) #17
- ↑ Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
- ↑ Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ Beware the Creeper (Volume 2) #5
- ↑ Tales of the New Teen Titans #4
- ↑ Team Titans #8-10
- ↑ New Titans #130
- ↑ Batman: Gotham Knights #34
- ↑ Identity Crisis #2
- ↑ Huntress #1
- ↑ Watchmen #2
- ↑ Suicide Squad (Volume 3) #5
- ↑ The Authority #14
- ↑ Batman #656, see excerpt
- ↑ Batman: Son of the Demon
- ↑ Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #24-26
- ↑ Deadshot Vol 2 1
- ↑ Green Arrow (Volume 2) #11
- ↑ League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Volume 2) #5
- ↑ Hellblazer #10
- ↑ JLA/Hitman #1, see excerpt
- ↑ New Titans #88-90, Deathstroke the Terminator #14
- ↑ Nightwing (Volume 2) #93, see excerpt
- ↑ Swamp Thing (Volume 2) #60
- ↑ L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
- ↑ Aquaman (Volume 7) #44