Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
- It was time to step out into the light.
- -- The Ray src
History of character is unknown.
- Light Absorption: Ray has the ability to absorb light, storing it for later uses. Once his body absorbs natural light (as sunlight) or artificial light, he can direct the energy to rearrange molecules into any form, matter or energy.
- Light Processing: He can also produce light from his own body which powers light projection and flight.
- Flight: Ray has the ability to fly, without artificial means. Require only minimum power and subliminal thought.
- Light Rays: The ability to project rays, beams, and bolts of destructive light. Require only minimum power and subliminal thought.
- Hard Light Constructs: A power to create constructs out of pure light similar to a Green Lantern's constructs. It requires only minimum power and subliminal thought. Larger and more complicated manipulations of energy and matter require extended meditation and more power.
- Illusions: Ray can 'bend' light to create illusions.
- Invisibility: The ability to 'bend' light around himself or others, rendering him (or others) invisible to the naked eye.
- Ray (Raymond Terrill) was created by Jack C. Harris and Joe Quesada, first appearing in Ray #1. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Ray (Raymond Terrill) first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League of America: The Ray Rebirth #1 by Steve Orlando and Stephen Byrne.
- 3 Appearances of Raymond Terrill (Prime Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Raymond Terrill (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Raymond Terrill (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Raymond Terrill (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.