Red Racer is a comic book fan who became the fastest human alive on Earth 36. He found love with his Justice 9 teammate Flashlight, with whom he traveled to the House of Heroes in order to aid in the battle against The Gentry. He joined an away team to Earth 7 consisting of himself, President Superman of Earth 23, Captain Carrot of Earth 26, Aquawoman of Earth 11 and Earth 7's last survivor, the Thunderer. However, they found themselves diverted to Earth 8, where they bore witness to the rebirth of the corrupted Nix Uotan. Reading the issues of The Multiversity provided to him by Mister Stubbs, Racer prepared to sacrifice himself spreading a message of warning across the Multiverse--instead, he managed to gain the aid of the Flashes of the Multiverse to defeat and disinfect Nix Uotan, before joining in the final battle against The Gentry. Reunited with Flashlight, Red Racer agreed to join the superteam proposed by Superman, Justice Incarnate, in order to defend all of creation.
- Speed Force Conduit: People who, for whatever reason, are connected to the Speed Force are sometimes called Speed Force Conduits. This means that they are connected to the Speed Force and are tethered to it.
- Accelerated Healing: The Speed Force connection allows the speedster's body recover from injury much faster than normal.
- Increased Perceptions: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive the world at a rate attuned how fast they can react.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force also manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such a friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: While not unlimited, the connection to the Speed Force does bolster the speedsters stamina well beyond the limits of a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: The main effect of the connection is to allow a speedster to move at vast superhuman speeds. This also confers:
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Genius Level Intellect: Ray was able to build alone from scratch a receiver version of Ultima Thule, which cost his life.
- Red Racer is an homage to The Blitz of Big Bang Comics, who was a patiche of Jay Garrick, though his comic book fandom is a feature most prominently associated with Barry Allen.
- Red Racer was seen alongside Barry Allen and the Flashes of numerous parallel universes in a flashback to before the Crisis on Infinite Earths in The Multiversity Guidebook, suggesting he may have had a pre-Crisis counterpart.
- 7 Appearances of Red Racer (Earth 36)
- 13 Images featuring Red Racer (Earth 36)
- 1 Quotations by or about Red Racer (Earth 36)
- Character Gallery: Red Racer (Earth 36)
- ↑ http://www.dccomics.com/characters/earth-36
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ Flash (Volume 2) #74
- ↑ Superman (Volume 4) #16
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.