Not much is known about the android partner of Batman called Red Tornado. He is stationed in Coast City, where he holds the cover identity of a college archeology professor named Ulthoon in the hope to learn more of humanity and their emotions. Red Tornado himself seems to be capable of some emotions but he himself dismisses that, claiming he only mimics the things he observes from the media and other people.
He aided Batman in stopping the menacing Fun Haus from ruining Christmas in his own town. Tornado later assisted the other heroes in trying to capture a rogue Batman in Gotham City only to be captured himself by the real culprit Owlman, a Batman from a parallel world. He was later saved from the clutches of Clock King by another parallel Batman.
In an attempt to feel emotions he created a son, Tornado Champion. His son was created to have one essential part the father lacked: emotions. But Champion could not cope with the distrust people had toward him. Confusing it with hate, Champion decided to hate them back. Disappointed, Red Tornado was forced to deactivate him, later reluctantly destroying him after he becomes the Tornado Tyrant. Although he claimed not to be effected by this, the event itself left Tornado with a mechanical error: A small oil discharge in his eye, implying his sadness, though he dismisses it and runs a diagnostic on himself.
- Aerokinesis: Red Tornado channels violent wind forces through his arms and legs to produce bursts of cyclone-force winds and high speed forward velocity. An F5 tornado has winds of about 315 mph. His cyclone-force winds can be projected at over 350 mph.
- Air Blasts: Can project his whirlwinds at over 350mph from each arm. His winds are said to level a building in seconds.
- Flight: By channeling these cyclone-force winds through the lower part of his body, he can fly at incredible speeds or hover in one place.
- Deflection: Also is able to deflect approaching objects with ease.
- Force Field: able to circulate the high force winds around himself or an extended area to protect himself and/or others from attacks and flying debris.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman: The Brave and the Bold and its tie-in video game and comic book series, Batman: The Brave and The Bold and All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold. It is an adaptation of Red Tornado. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Dick Dillin and first appeared in Justice League of America #64.
- Red Tornado was voiced by Corey Burton.
- 13 Appearances of Red Tornado (The Brave and the Bold)
- 3 Images featuring Red Tornado (The Brave and the Bold)
- 1 Quotations by or about Red Tornado (The Brave and the Bold)
- Character Gallery: Red Tornado (The Brave and the Bold)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.