Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Red": At the Central Intelligence Agency, new director Michael Beesley is being briefed by his deputy director Adrian Kane. To explain the full scope of their work, he is shown the worst top secret files in their history, those belonging to th
- No one can know this even happened. That the world was even like this. He dies.
Appearing in "Red"
- Paul Moses (First appearance)
- Adrian Kane (First appearance)
- Michael Beesley (First appearance)
- Sally (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Red"
At the Central Intelligence Agency, new director Michael Beesley is being briefed by his deputy director Adrian Kane. To explain the full scope of their work, he is shown the worst top secret files in their history, those belonging to their top assassin. After witnessing the atrocities committed in the name of national security, Beesley flips out and fears public reaction should those secrets ever be revealed. He immediately orders the death of the man responsible to eliminate all traces of his actions.
Paul Moses is the former operative, living out his days in quiet retirement. Although he struggles every day to live with himself for all of the people that he's killed, he is relatively happy and complacent. His only contacts are his retirement handler Sally and his niece who writes him letters.
Returning to his home one night, Paul Moses is assaulted by a team of three professional killers. He gouges out the first one's eyes, grabs his gun and shoots him in the back of the head. Spinning around to cover himself, he blasts the second one in the face. Holding a gun to the third one's head, he correctly identifies them as CIA by their attack patterns. The man refuses to answer Paul's questions, so he executes him with a bullet between the eyes. Bloodied from his first combat in years, Moses places a call into his handler to announce the emergency situation, but finds that she has been transferred. He goes to the armory in his basement, and suits up one more time. Placing a final call to the agency, he announces that he is taking himself off of the green status of retirement and going red to become an active agent again. Then, he drives off to confront the men who betrayed him and kill them.
- This book was first published on July 30, 2003.
- This issue was published by Homage Comics, an imprint of WildStorm Productions, which focuses on more writer-driven titles. Homage began printing in 1995 while the company was still owned by Image Comics, but all of the rights went over when WildStorm was purchased by DC Comics in 1998. Later on in 2004, the imprint was merged with Cliffhanger to form the WildStorm Signature Series.
- This issue was originally reprinted in the Red/Tokyo Storm Warning collection, along with the rest of the series. It is also put together with another work by creator Warren Ellis, Tokyo Storm Warning also published by WildStorm.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Red Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Red series
- Images from Red Vol 1 1
Links and References
- Red (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Red at Grand Comics Database
- Red at Comic Book Database
- Red at Pop Matters
- Red at TV Tropes
- Red at Grovel
- Red (2010 film) at Wikipedia.org