- It's... a nuclear device... you'd say an... atomic bomb!
- -- Barney Ling
Appearing in "Island of the Inferno"
- Lady Shiva
- Slash (Single appearance)
- O-Sensei (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Island of the Inferno"
Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva get picked up by a plane, thanks to Barney Ling. However, the plane encounters trouble. It drops its payload, a nuclear bomb, into a volcano, and then lands. There, they encounter Slash. Shiva fights Slash, and thanks to a rock to her head by a local, she loses and is tied up along with Barney and the pilot. Slash reveals that he has a giant magnet that he uses to pull-down planes - a modern version of piracy he calls it. Barney and the pilot reveal the bomb to Slash, and they also mention that Richard Dragon is around somewhere.. Slash sees the volcano smoking and decides that half his men will try to find Dragon while the other half prepare to flee the island. We find that after the plane made an emergency landing, Richard, seeing they were outnumbered, took off from the plane and hopped into the water to swim around the island. On his way there, he fights a shark (with a little help from the Dragon's Claw) and reaches the other side of the island. He find a cabin, with guards, that has the controls to the magnet. After a brief fight, he makes one of the guards use the magnet to extract the bomb from the volcano. They move the bomb over the water and pick-up Slash (thanks to his metal machete) along the way. Both are dropped into the water and disappear with a steamy hiss. Out of sight, out of mind...
- Lady Shiva will become a recurring villain for Richard Dragon, and later a major adversary of the Batman. She is the sister of Carolyn Woosan who was featured in Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter #2-4.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter series
Links and References
- Richard Dragon article at Wikipedia
- Richard Dragon profile at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter series index at Comicbookdb.com