Lieutenant Richard Drake was a police detective with the Gotham City Police Department in the 1940s. A widower, Drake trained his only daughter Dinah in the hope that she would become a member of the GCPD. Drake's rookie partner Larry Lance soon began dating Dinah. Soon after Dinah's application to the police academy was rejected, Drake was found dead of a heart attack. Dinah subsequently used her father's training and the inspiration of "mystery-men" like the Justice Society to become the original Black Canary.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 3 Appearances of Richard Drake (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Richard Drake (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Richard Drake (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Richard Drake (New Earth)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.