Robin was the junior partner of the Gotham City vigilante Batman, whose secret identity was Bruce Wayne. Robin was Dick Grayson, who was taken in by Bruce and soon became his ward. Bruce and Dick lived in the stately Wayne Manor with their faithful butler Alfred.
Batman, Robin and Superman cornered a criminal known as Automator, but during the final confrontation, Superman had to leave and Robin twisted his ankle, leaving Batman to fight alone. Batman was trapped in a special machine and Robin witnessed how he vanished without a trace and the Automator escaped. Unable to help, Robin made a vow to find the Automator and bring him to justice for killing Batman.
After Batman's funeral, Robin decided to kill his alter-ego of Dick Grayson and adopted the identity of Rick Danner, a blond man, and moved along with Alfred to Keyer, where he continued to work as Robin. Years passed and as an adult, he continued working as Robin, hoping to nab Batman's killer. Eventually, a criminal known as Golden Gloves appeared in town and created chaos in Metropolis. Robin decided to help Superman capture the crook, but Superman was left blind during the fight. Robin followed the crook as he carried Superman to his hideout and there, he learned that Golden Gloves was working for an elder Automator. Robin and Superman managed to defeat the Automator and learned the shocking truth that Golden Gloves was actually Bruce Wayne. The Automator explained that he did not murder Batman years prior, but he transported him to his hideout. Then, he brainwashed Bruce and used a special serum that prevented him from aging in order to turn him into the perfect criminal.
After Robin has placed the criminal behind bars, he decided to take on the daunting task of helping Batman recover his lost memory and train him to become Batman again and also help Superman train to become a great blind hero.
- This version of Robin, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Richard Grayson (Earth-184)
- 2 Images featuring Richard Grayson (Earth-184)
- Quotations by or about Richard Grayson (Earth-184)
- Character Gallery: Richard Grayson (Earth-184)