|Real Name||Richard "Dick" Grayson|
|Relatives||John Grayson (father, deceased), Mary Cooper Grayson (mother, deceased), Harriet Cooper (aunt), Bruce Wayne (guardian)|
|Affiliation||Batman Family, Teen Titans; formerly Club of Heroes|
|Base Of Operations||Titans Tower, New York; Batcave, Wayne Manor, Gotham City|
|Creators||Bob Kane, Bill Finger, Jerry Robinson|
|First Appearance||Last appearance|
Richard Grayson of Earth-One has a tragic past that mirrors that of his Earth-Two and New Earth counterparts, in that the death of his parents would lead to the association with his realities Batman to become Robin the Boy Wonder, and eventually the grown up hero Nightwing, leader of the Teen Titans
Young Dick Grayson and his parents John and Mary were trapeze artists that worked for the Haly Circus. Like many establishments in the area, the Circus was threatened by protection racketeer Boss Zucco who has threatened the owner to join up for "protection" to avoid accidents from happening at the circus. When the owner would refuse, Zucco would arrange for an "accident" to happen, which would cause Dick's parents to fall to their deaths. Witnessing this tragedy in the audience is Bruce Wayne who's own parents were killed by criminals. Confronting Dick in his identity of the Batman, Bruce would offer the boy the chance to personally avenge his parents death.
Adopting young Dick as his ward, Bruce would train the boy physically and mentally to be a crack crime fighter much like the Caped Crusader. Once fully trained, Batman would present Dick with a costume that Bruce had worn previously as a young man. Taking on Bruce's previous mantle of Robin, the new boy wonder would help Batman prevent Boss Zucco from destroying the Canin building. During the battle, Zucco would be photographed by Robin pushing one of his own men off the partially constructed building, insuring that he would go to jail for murder, thus avenging his parents..
Robin would have many adventures with Batman, establishing themselves as the "Dynamic Duo" and the "Caped Crusaders" of Gotham City. A number of their past adventures are mirrored events from the exploits of Batman and Robin of Earth-Two, originally acting out of the law and facing many of Batman's famous rogues. The number of tales that mirror events on Earth-Two have yet to be completely defined, however it is presumable that Robin's first encounters with the Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, among others mirror that of his Earth-Two counterpart.
however his earliest recorded adventure would be one wherein Bruce's butler Alfred Pennyworth accidentally revealed the Dynamic Duo's secret identities. Early on in his career, Robin would also meet Batman's frequent ally Superman during a case when Superman would attempt to protect Batman from the danger posed by a gang of Kryptonite smugglers. This would end with the Dynamic Duo and Superman working together for the first time to stop the gang, the first of many team-ups between Batman, Robin and Superman. The level of trust between the Dynamic Duo and Superman would lead to the trio revealing their secret identities to each other.
Together with Batman, Robin would fight such menaces as the Firefly, George Dyke, a death row inmate who's brain is implanted into the body of a gorilla, and the The Wrecker. During this period Robin would have his first clash with Catwoman who had come out of retirement to best Batman in combat following a newspaper story about Batman's greatest victories.
Batman and Robin would next put away the inventive Crimesmith. When an explosion would once more disfigure the face of Harvey Dent, this would lead to a clash between Batman and Robin against Batman's old foe Two-Face. When the criminal named Mr. Camera manages to take pictures of Batman and Robin's civilian identities, Dick helps Bruce stage an elaborate hoax to disprove that Batman and Robin's true identities as Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, even though upon recovering the film they find that it had been underexposed. During this same period, Robin helps Batman expose the Phantom of Bandit as Muggsy Morton. When criminal Odo Neval attempts to make a killing selling a supposed immortality formula, Batman must prevent Robin from undue harm when the Boy Wonder impulsively drinks the supposed elixir and attempts to fight crime alone when Batman learns that the elixir is a hoax. Batman and Robin are next recruited by the citizens of the Lost Valley of Bird-Men, a secret civilization of winged people, to stop the evil Gravio Clan. During this same period Robin helps Batman smash a fake plastic surgery scheme for criminals interested in altering their fingerprints, and foil the Olympic Games of Crime.
Following the discovery of ancient Indian artifacts in the Batcave, Batman and Robin, using a time machine invented by Carter Nichols, travel back in time 300 years into the past. There they learn that the Batcave was previously inhabited by Jeremy Coe, an Indian spy and help him escape the Indians and report back to his superiors at Fort George before returning to their own time. Robin is also present when Batman is the target of the fatally ill Tom Beckette who blames Batman for sending his father to death row and is attempting to kill the Caped Crusader. Next, when Batman is stranded on a mountain following a crash in the Batplane, Robin mistakenly believes that criminal Harry Larson is really Batman when Larson poses as the Caped Crusader to take advantage of Batman's absence. To complicate matters, Harry suffers a blow to the head and actually believes himself to be Batman. However, the real Batman returns to Gotham City, and with the help of Robin captures the crooks, Larson plays the hero and sacrifices his life to save the real Batman's life. Robin would also aid Batman in smashing Big Jim's mob and Hatchet Marley's plot to exploit psychological tests that the Dynamic Duo are participating for in order to learn how to rob the Gotham Mint.
Batman and Robin would next become targets of the Trapper, and foil a plot by crooks to exploit the magical talents of Merko the Magician, and capture Jay Varden with an elaborate hoax involving the construction of a fake Batcave. Robin would also help Batman capture a group of sugar thieves, they also foil the Catwoman's attempt to exploit a beauty pageant as part of a plot to steal priceless jewels, and foils a plot by a criminal posing as a member of Scotland Yard in a plot to make Batman go insane by tampering with the radio in his Utility Belt. Robin would also aid Batman in foiling a spy's plot to steal secrets from the Gotham Space Research College and crack the Inventor's high tech crimes.
When Superman would rescue Batman and Robin from a mob attack, he would accidentally reveal his secret identity to Lois Lane, prompting Batman and Robin help stage an elaborate hoax in order to once more protect Superman's identity. When the Joker escapes from prison, he exposes Batman to epsilon rays that threaten to kill him. Robin would help Batman cure himself and capture the Joker. During this period Robin also aids Batman in capturing the Lew Lakers Mob, and the Twisty Rhodes Gang. Robin also helps Batman expose a hoax by criminals to make it appear that they are being commanded by the disembodied brain of an executed criminal. He would also help Batman during a period where he has to stay underwater to avoid the ill effects of the bends following the maiden voyage of the Batmarine. Robin would also aid Batman in foiling Joker's baseball style scheme wherein crooks would trade "players" for specific crimes and aid Native American super-hero Chief Man-of-Bats in protecting his secret identity from his foe Black Elk.
In their next clash with Catwoman, Batman and Robin would trace her to a far off island but fail to capture her. When Clark Kent and Lois Lane are captured by criminals who use heavy artillery in their crimes, Batman and Robin are led to their hideout thanks to Superman's secret aid. Robin would next aid Batman in stopping the Joker when the Clown Prince of Crime crashed Batman's appearance on the television show "Your Life Story". Robin would also help Batman foil Professor Vilmer's "synthetic man" revenge scheme, and becomes upset when Batman "dates" model Magda Luvescu, in reality a ruse to try and ferret out international smugglers. Robin next helps Batman stop the revenge plot by obsessed puppeteer Jonathan Bard, foil the Mirror Man's plot to discover Batman's true identity, and aids Batman and Superman in an elaborate hoax wherein Batman poses as a swami to help the Man of Steel capture a group of crooks.
Robin would also be present when Batman foils a jewel smuggling ring aboard a cruise ship, passes a test orchestrated by Batman to solve various clues regarding their case, and would also help Batman solve the attempted murder of an ex-con named Ed Wilson. When a criminal profits from writing a "Batman Encyclopedia" that unknowingly gives a clue to Batman's secret identity, Robin helps his partner in changing their methods in order to make criminals abandon the book as inaccurate. Robin would next join a coalition of "Batmen" from around the world, including Knight and Squire, the Gaucho, Legionary, The Musketeer and The Ranger in foiling the crimes of Knots Cardine. Robin would next aid Superman and Batman in finding an infantile alien that is brought to Earth by accident and return it to it's homeworld.
When Commissioner Gordon is disgraced in the papers when a story about one of his ancestors being a criminal, Batman and Robin us Carter Nichols' time machine again to investigate the claims, they ultimately learn that Gordon's ancestor was actually framed and clear his good name. In their next case, Batman and Robin foil Vince Varden's gang from using high tech weapons for their crimes. Their next caper is complicated when Bruce's Aunt Agatha comes for a visit. The old woman's belief that Bruce is a meek and fragile young boy threatens to compromise his and Dick's secret identities, however despite this setback the Dynamic Duo capture a group of crooks and Agatha eventually returns to her own home. The Dynamic Duo next help Dr. Peter Drriscoll in regaining his memory when an attempted robbery makes him forget where he left a cache of dangerous chemicals, foil a gang of crooks exploitation of a illus-o-ray to commit spectacular crimes, and capture the Trapper Nowlan gang with the help of amateur super-hero Batboy.
Next Batman and Robin foil the Mental Mob from blackmailing the Caped Crusaders into working for them by threatening to expose their secret identities. When Batman is exposed to a lethal gas by the Purple Mask Mob that will kill the Dark Knight should he be physically active, Superman and Robin make Batman believe that he has a broken leg to keep him out of action until the poison wears off, and capture the Purple Mask Mob. Next Robin helps Batman foil "Slant" Stafford from using the newly installed remote control device in the Batplane against the Dynamic Duo. During this same period, Robin would also help Batman capture Blinkey Grossets gang and foils Rand Blanning from stealing a hidden South American treasure.
In a strange twist of fate Batman and Robin switch ages when both are exposed to new experimental aging gasses stolen by Wilton Winders. Despite the handicap of being an grown-up Robin and an adolescent Batman, the Dynamic Duo manage to stop Winders and restore themselves to their proper age. Next, Batman and Robin foil a group of crooks who are stealing cars participating in the Millville Festival for Classic Cars, a plot to recover solid Platinum hidden in one of the cars years ago by another criminal. When there is a deadlock in voting if a science convention should be held in Metropolis or Gotham City, Batman and Robin are pitted against Superman to see whom can perform the most super-feats in the other heroes home town. The winner of the contest would win the right for the science convention to happen in their city. Batman and Robin work hard to win it for Gotham in selfless act to protect Superman from being weakened by a machine on display that emits Kryptonite Rays. Robin next assists Batman in stopping the Vincent Crail Gang, and foils a series of robberies perpetuated by their next door neighbors gardener.
Further Adventures with Batman, Superman and Ace, the Bathound
When Bruce and Dick find a lost dog, they recruit it as Ace the Bat-Hound to help them capture a gang of counterfeiters, before returning the dog to it's proper owner. Next Batman and Robin foil a plot to assassinate the Dynamic Duo by Paul King and his gang, Robin also assists Batman and Superman in stopping the evil Professor Pender during a period wherein Superman and Batman swap powers. Robin also joins Batman in an undercover mission to recover a container of microfiche lost on the K-4 mountain range. Robin helps smash the Whitey Willis gang, a caper that is complicated by the fact that Bruce has been entrusted to babysit his nephew Junior. During yet another time-travel adventure, Batman and Robin aid the pre-historic Tiger Man against Borr. Next, Robin helps Batman foil the Brotherhood of Batmen conspiracy, apprehend the John Marsten Gang, prevent Alfred from getting into trouble when a blow to the head makes him believe that he is really Batman, and is rescued from doom when he and Batman foil a criminal plot to use the vintage flying devices of the Gotham Sky Museum to smuggle crooks out of Gotham City.
Robin next assists Batman in capturing Big Jim Jarrel by replacing the real Batcave with props from a Batman dime museum, when Jarrel almost discovers the secret of the Batcave. Superman next has Batman and Robin come to Metropolis to try and figure out who is trying to reveal Superman's secret identity, this all turns out to be a ruse to keep the Dynamic Duo preoccupied while Superman travels out to Gotham City to capture the Verril Mob. Batman and Robin next capture the Shag Darnell gang with the aid of former actor Roger Stanton, foils an attempt by criminals to loot the Bat-Train, and helps Batman foil some TV saboteurs during a case that is complicated by the songs written by Sam Strong. During this time he also aids Batman into perpetuating the notion that Batman is really a robot in order to capture a gang of criminals. Robin is also given quite the challenge when a number of Gotham City residents win a contest to be "Batman for a Day".
In his civilian guise of Dick Grayson, Robin would join Bruce Wayne in another time travel adventure to ancient Baghdad, where they would run afoul of Abdullah and his 40 thieves, requiring them to be rescued by Superman. Next Robin aids Batman in foiling the Mayne Malan Gangs attempt to steal the royal jewels of King Eric of Noriania, foils Joe Danton from killing a boatload of his former classmates during Bruce Wayne's college reunion, and helps out as a volunteer firefighter with Batman during Gotham City's fire prevention week. Also during this time, Robin learns that Batman once also masqueraded as Robin in his early years. However, the validity of these claims are in question as they contradict Batman's very origins. Also during this time Robin help's Batman foil Lens Vorden from trying to collect photographic composites of Batman's features in order to learn his true identity. Helping Superman and Batman stop the Mole Gang, Robin also aids the two heroes civilian identities as they temporarily work as reporters in order to report the epic battle and save the Gotham Gazette from bankruptcy.
Robin next aids Batman once more against the Joker, foil the jailbreak of Matty Kirk, and aiding Batman and Ace the Bathound, foil a criminal plot to use a dog training school to use trained dogs to commit crimes. Robin would later expose Spade Stinston, who by posing as a doctor and dispensing special pills, manipulates Batman into committing crimes in order to convince the Caped Crusader to turn himself over to the authorities. When crooks are using a sonic device from designs created by Jules Verne, Batman and Robin travel back in time to bring the legendary science fiction writer to the present and help them construct a counter weapon to stop the crooks. Also during this period Robin helps Batman free a boatload of millionaires kidnapped to a small island by a gang of thugs, and helps Batman capture the Racer, and foils the exploitation of crime files stolen from the Bat-Cave by the John Creeden Gang. When Ka Thar, a time traveler from the year 5956 attempts to blackmail Batman, Robin and Superman into performing super-feats that were incorrectly chronicled in his biography of the heroes, they turn the tables when they reveal that in revealing their secret identities to the present day world would create the biggest inaccuracy in his book of all: That Batman, Robin, and Superman's secret identities would not be revealed until years after their deaths.
Shortly thereafter, Batman and Robin would have the first of many clashes against the Penguin, and foil his egg related crimes. When Batman and Robin come across a frontier era newspaper clipping depicting Batman as a sheriff with a gun, they travel back in time and help Bat Masterson capture Pecoes Pete. Also during this period Robin aids Batman in foiling the magician Pardu's attempt to blackmail Batman with empty threats of revealing his identity. Batman and Robin would next have their first clash against The Mad Hatter. When Robin would stumble upon the existence of a Batman Jr. he would become jealous and upset that Batman had a partner before him. When attempting to help Batman recapture Birrell Binter, Robin would learn that "Batman Jr." was only a temporary alias that young John Vance used to help Batman capture Binter in a previous case and that Batman has no intentions of replacing the Boy Wonder.
Traveling back in time with Batman and Superman, Robin would come to the aid of D'Artagnan and the Three Musketeers in their quest to learn the identity of the Man in the Iron Mask. When Plainville renames itself to Batmantown, Batman and Robin travel there and foil a plot by the Barsh Gang to pull a gigantic hist on the crime-free town, aids Batman in capturing smuggler Ralph Kier, and help Batman capture crooks with the aid of four new crime devices invented by scholarship contestants. Robin would next help Batman capture Bart Davis, who would exploit his role as Batman in a new Batman film to get access to replicas of Batman's crime fighting equipment to commit crimes.
The Trouble with Batwomen
The life of Batman and Robin would become more complicated with the arrival of a new costumed hero in Gotham City, Batwoman. Although she upstages the Dynamic Duo in capturing crooks and even saves them from danger, Batman and Robin collect clues to learn that she is Kathy Kane. Although they manage to convince her to give up costumed adventuring, this is not the last they hear from the Batwoman.
Robin next gets in the middle of a strange series of Mother Goose inspired mysteries along with Batman and Superman, only to learn that this is a business venture by Adventures Inc. to entertain the rich. The three super-heroes work together to foil a criminal plot to exploit the business. Following this adventure, Robin would appear to be operating alone to convince the public that Batman has been killed as part of an elaborate plan to capture criminals Pack Purdy and John Vair. Robin would also assist Batman in capturing the Jay Jandron Gang, and also aids Batman in recovering his cape and cowl when it's blown off his head in order to protect his secret identity. In their manhunt of criminal John Caird, Batman and Robin are briefly stricken with amnesia, however they regain their memories and capture their man. Batman and Robin are next tricked into using a newly built "House of Batman" secretly funded by criminal Mayne Mallock, however the Dynamic Duo foil the plot and defeat Mallock. Robin next aids Batman in foiling a plot by Brand Brantor into trying to get out of a ticket for impersonating Batman by traveling back in time and solving the mystery of a supposed Babylonian era Batman, and curing Carlen, an actor playing the role of a caveman who, after a blow to the head, believes himself to really be a stone aged man.
When Batman uncovers a previously unseen Batman costume, he and Robin work together to reveal that his father Thomas Wayne once dressed up as a "batman" for a costume ball and foiled a plot by Lew Moxon. This would lead to Moxon hiring Joe Chill to murder Thomas and his wife Martha, Batman and Robin would then travel to the west coast and capture Moxon, who would die after he is struck by a speeding car. When Superman would go missing, Batman and Robin would be hired to track down the Man of Steel and help him expose yet another empty threat from a criminal attempting to expose Superman's secret identity. Robin is also present when Batman comes up with an elaborate hoax to protect his secret identity on national television, foil the a plot by the owner of the Stinson Employment Agency to blame thefts on clients who are ex-cons, and helps Batman and Ace, the Bat-Hound in capturing Baldy Gore.
Robin would next assist Batman in coming up with a series of new gadgets to combat the recently released criminal Wallace Wealey and his anti-crime inventions. Robin is devastated when Batman is forced to look for a new Robin during a period when Bruce Wayne is apparently murdered, forcing Batman to assume a new identity. However, when Batman begins to realize that nobody could possibly replace Dick, works to create an elaborate hoax to "resurrect" Bruce Wayne. Robin next aids Batman and Superman in an elaborate ruse to boost the notoriety of Stefan, a commoner from the nation of Balkania so that he can safely marry Princess Varina and allow her to maintain her royal status and avoid civil war in that country. Robin next aids Batman in capturing the John Varden Gang , defeats the Sparkles Grady Mob single handed, and helps Batman defeat a creature from 40,000 fathoms under the sea. Batman and Robin would next cross paths against Checkmate, foils Dr. Dall's plot to exploit a Batman robot, and works with Batman and Superman to foil Henry Bartle's attempts at swindling a charity.
When Batman injures his ankle in attempting to capture Curt Biggs, Robin would work together with Batwoman to learn what Biggs' next big heist is when Curt suffers a blow to the head and thinks that he is Batman. Robin next plays a practical joke on Batman by posing as Fred Loyd, a boy taking Robin's place when Robin was injured. When "Loyd" helps Batman capture Gorilla Hardy, Robin reveals his prank, however Batman was onto his young ward the whole time. Robin, with an assist from the supposed "Batman of the Future" aids Batman in capturing the Gunner Tharp gang with the futuristic Bat-Missile and a new model Batmobile. Robin next works to clear Batman's name when Batman is framed by Burt Wever for a series of thefts. Next Robin would aid Batman in bating a trap for criminal Jim Varrel, prevent the Keene Harner gang from looting Gotham City during a hurricane, and aids Batman in foiling an attempt by Guy Graney from using a stolen mind control machine to learn Batman's secret identity. When rescuing a young girl from danger Robin injures his arm, in order to prevent crooks from making a connection between Dick Grayson and Robin by their similar arm injuries, Batman wears a series of bright colored costumes to draw attention away from Robin.
More Adventures with Batman, Batwoman and Superman
When pills invented by Superman's father Jor El crash land on Earth, they lead to Superman losing his powers and being at the mercy of criminal Elton Craig who gains powers just like Superman upon taking a pill. Superman recruits Batman and Robin, who consume somes pills and gain super-powers as well to stop Craig. Although the Dynamic Duo are unskilled in these new abilities they stop Craig and the effects of the pills wear off restoring everyone to normal. Batman and Robin would next apprehend Slim Miller with the aid of young Danny Benson, and Robin has his first brush with love when he falls for ice-skater Vera Lovely while helping Batman capture Ben Keefe, and briefly adopts the identity of Owlman and helps Batman stop the criminal Daredevil's when Robin is exposed to an alien gas that temporarily transforms him into an adult.
When Robin accidentally blurts out the real location of the Batcave to criminal Brain Walker, the Dynamic Duo stage an elaborate hoax to disprove it's location. When Batman is accidentally enlarged to a height of 30 feet, Robin tracks down and captures Jay Vanney, the crook who stolen the only device that can restore Batman to normal. Robin next joins Batman and Superman in defeating a plot by the Joker and Lex Luthor from creating an army of Mechano-Men and using them to take over the world. Robin next aids Batman in capturing TV host Joe Harmon in the murder of Frank Davis, foil a frame job by Len Paul even though they are trapped in the Batcave, and helps Batman convince a boy named Batman Jones to give up crime fighting and taking up the safer hobby of stamp collecting. Robin also assists Batman in capturing the Jay Garris gang, and aids Batman and Mysteryman in capturing a gang of smugglers.
Robin soon joing Batman, Superman, the Legionary, Kingt and Squire, Muskateer and Gaucho into becoming the Club of Heroes. In their first mission together, they try to learn the origin of a new costumed hero called Lightning Man, and it turns out to be Superman, having been effect by Kryptonite. Robin next helps Batman capture the Bagley Gang, foils the Waller gang's attempt to impersonate Batman, and foil Curt Mathis Gang from exploiting one of Batman's inventions that they had stolen. Robin also aids Batman in arresting Robert Cray for the muder of James Barham, foil the Joker's "Crime-of-the-Month Club", and captures the Len Landers gang. When the evil Professor Milo makes Batman afraid of bats, Robin helps Batman develop a new identity as Starman to defeat Milo before shaking off the effects of Milo's work.
When Batman, Robin and Superman work together to once more capture Elton Craig, Batwoman also attempts to capture the crook. The three men would tell Batwoman to go home as they believe that a heroes work is too dangerous for a woman. When Craig is recaptured, the three heroes become the target of a vindictive Batwoman, who consumes the last of Craig's super-power granting pills. She vows to learn Batman, Robin and Superman's secret identities, however through hard work the three men manage to avoid having their identities exposed before the effects of the pills wear off. While on Safari in India, Batman and Robin capture Alec Judson for the murder of Ed Yancey, aids Bruce's distant cousin Bruce N. Wayne in capturing a criminal named Varrell, and helps in an elaborate plot to capture John Marrow by appearing in public in suits of armor. Robin also joins Batman in an 8 day round-world trip to capture international smugglers. When Bruce Wayne is framed for murder when working undercover in Gotham Prison, Robin and Batwoman capture the criminal Collector, foil an escape plot and clear Bruce's name.
When Batman, Robin and Superman are accidentally put into suspended animation to awaken some 1000 years in the future, they help the people there defeat Rohtul the descendant of Lex Luthor, before returning to their own time. Batman and Robin would next clash with Signalman, travel back to ancient Rome to rescue Professor Nichols, and helps foil Professor Milo's attempt to convince Batman that he is really a mental patient. Batman and Robin would next clash with the super powered John Stannar, foil the interplanetary Rawl gang with the aid of Superman and Skyboy an alien from the planet Kormo, and help Batman expose a hoax by criminals attempting to make the people of Gotham City believe Batman to be an alien. Robin would also help Batman apprehend False Face, defeat the Red Mask Gang with the aid of Fatman a comedic parody of Batman, and is later told of Batman's adventure on Planet X.
Robin next joins Batman in foiling Tod Martin's plot to sabotage a movie shoot, travels to Mechanical City to prevent two thieves from stealing a secret formula, foils the Mirage Maker's plot to steal a shipment of gold bullion, and with the help of Bat-Ape stops the Vanning Brothers and Ralph Roder from stealing the box office procedes from the circus. When Superman's intelligence is accidentally transferred into both Robin and gang leader Victor Danning, Robin pits his superior intellect against Dannings, ultimately leading to Danning's defeat and the restoration of Superman's intelligence.
Robin would next join Batman in his battle against the Terrible Trio, helps the Dark Knight recover the stolen loot of Stoney Briggs, helps stage a hoax to capture the Phantom Bandit, and in a time travel adventure with Batman help the Zoto clan defeat a race of giants. Joined once again by Ace the Bat-Hound, Batman and Robin prevent a new experimental explosive from getting into the wrong hands. The Dynamic Duo then lend a helping hand to Superman in capturing Lex Luthor
Robin next aids Batman in capturing Carl Danton for the murder of museum curator Professor Hale, capture the Gimmick Gang in Legend City, and aids Batman and Batwoman in capturing the Funny Face Gang. When a freak accident sends Batman and Robin to another dimension, they help the kingdom of that dimension from Arko and the Bat-People before returning home. Robin is also present when Batman and a group of other Earthlings are brought to the planet Tora to help overthrow an alien invasion. Robin also plays a part in foiling a plot by aliens from the planet Xlym to use a device to endow Batman with powers equal to Superman in the hopes of sparking a feud between the two heroes.
Robin would next assist Batman in foiling the robberies of high-tech criminal Karko, capture the Red Gloves Gang, prevent the Eddie Luden gang from learning Batman's secret identity, and aiding Batman and alien law enforcer Inspector Tutian in capturing Eddie Morrow and the alien criminal Garr. Also during this time, Robin aids Batman in capturing Bartok a criminal that uses high tech robots in his crimes. With Superman and Batman, Robin would go out into space to battle various space menaces so that a group of aliens can learn new crime-fighting techniques. Robin also aids Batman in capturing a group of crooks holed up on Police Island and get them medical treatment after they have been unknowingly contaminated with radiation poisoning. Robin next helps Batman capture David Dial for the murder of a trappize artist, and helps Batman capture Vince Kenton and his gang.
Batman and Robin next tackle the Calendar Man, aids Batman in keeping Vicky Vale and Batwoman from trouble when they attempt to capture the Moose Malloy gang, foil a gang of jewel thieves, helps capture Al Hackett, and helps Batman and Superman capture the Condor gang. Robin would next travel back in time and destroys a device with a Kryptonite bomb that would kill Superman in his time, during this time travel adventure Robin meets Superboy. He helps Batman clear the Dark Knights name when he is framed for a crime during the Interplanetary Olympics.
Robin next helps Batman battle Dr. X and Dr. Double X, helps Batman capture Spike Connors, helps capture the Babyface Muller Gang, and aids Batman during a crime wave that has erupted when Batman is injured and is forced to fight crime from the Whirly-Bats. Robin also aids Batman and Superman in defeating the super-powered Moonman. Helps Batman stop the Gibson Gang. Robin is later blackmailed by Lois Lane to pose as "Superman Jr." when she figures out a plot by Superman to trick Lois into thinking that a mishap in space had kept her away from Earth for decades, helps the crooks from exploiting alien technology to commit crimes. Robin helps Batman capture Jigger Mulane, capture the Donald Dekker gang, and foil Mr. Zero. Robin helps Superman and Batman apprehend the Vincent Verrill, capture Carter a failed businessman turned criminal, Robin would also aid Batman and other heroes in stopping an invasion of White Martians.
Batman and Robin would next work together to foil the modern day pirate named Blackjack, stop the criminal Hijack, and when Bruce Wayne has a date with Kathy Kane, young Dick worries that they might get married to the point where he has a horrible dream where it happened. Robin would next aid Superman and Batman to foil Lex Luthor in a plot to shrink the two heroes and trap them in the Bottle City of Kandor. Helps Batman capture the Clock, aid Batman and Ace the Bat-Hound capture the Joe Osceola, foil another joke related crime plot by the Joker, and capture the Nifty Blake gang. Robin would also help Batman stop the high-tech criminal Astro, and with Batman and Superman defeat Atom-Master.
Adventures with the Bat-Family
The life of Batman and Robin would become more complicated when they would be menaced by Batman's "biggest fan" Bat-Mite a creature from the 5th Dimension that would attempt to join Batman and Robin and tries to help them the Tipper Neely Gang. Robin next aids Batman in capturing the Smiley Gober Gang, foil and attempted comeback made by Signalman, and destroy three alien "space seeds" that threaten Gotham City. During this time, Robin also aids Superman and Batman in stopping a prehistoric caveman from planet Krypton, and helps capture the Big Joe Roberts Gang and cures Batman of a strange radiation from a comet that endows him with super-powers but also threatens to end his life when the effects wear off. Batman and Robin then pose as actors in the Underworld Theater to capture the Green Hood Mob, and captures the Midas Gang with Batman, Batwoman and Ace the Bat-Hound. When returning from the past on another time travel adventure, Robin is accidentally sent three days into the future where he comes across a newspaper report telling of Batman's death. Returning to his own time, Robin would attempt to prevent El Bolo, the criminal supposedly responsible for murdering his mentor and fail. However, this would turn out to be a hoax perpetuated by Batman in order to capture the crook.
While chasing a crook named Gurney, Batman and Robin would be transported along with the crook to another dimension where they would capture Gurney and the evil Rakk before returning to their own dimension with no memory of the adventure. Robin would next join Batman and Superman in stopping curio shop owners from using magical items to commit crimes, foil Bart Travers from manipulating a creature from Planet X from terrorizing Gotham City, recover 49 diamonds stolen from their friend Mr. Chalmers, capture a team of foreign spies, and with the aid of Batwoman capture the Firefly. Also during this time, Robin aids Batman and Batwoman in foiling Lex Luthor's plot to kill Superman when the master criminal poses as Professor Gurthie and attempts to trick the Man of Steel from using a "matter transmitter" that is in reality a device designed to kill Superman.
During this time Robin also aids Batman in capturing the Crimson Knight, a crook posing as a costumed hero, accompanies Batman and Superman to the Fortress of Solitude and witnesses as Superman's computer constructs a fictional tale of what would have happened if Krypton had not been destroyed, aids Batman and a super-powered Alfred against the Joker, and helps Batman restore museum curator Mr. Meke when a freak accident involving Thor's hammer, a meteor and a thunderstorm cause Meke to gain superpowers and believe that he is the Norse God of the thunder. Robin next aids Batman in destroying a crystal creature and capture the the Black Patch gang who seek to exploit the creatures existence for their own personal gain.
About this time, Robin also aids Batman and Superman in foiling a plot by the alien Khalex who poses as a mutated Superman with new powers, helps Batman take down the Dragon Society, aid the intergalactic Ergon Police capture space pirate Kraak, foil an thefts of items recently sold in auctions, and helps Batman and Batwoman protect a baby, secretly the heir to the throne in the nation of Morania from an assassination attempt. Also during this period, Robin would aid Batman and Superman in capturing the Duplicate Man, capture a number of crime bosses, battles Zebra-Man, aids Batman and Batwoman against the Spinner, and helps clear the name Sando, a friend from Robin's days in Haly's Circus of crimes he did not commit.
When the Earth is menaced by a strange energy creature, Batman and Robin help Superman defeat the creature by traveling back in time to angicent Egypt to recover a weapon that can destroy the monster. Batman and Robin are next plagued by the combined efforts of Batwoman and Bat-Mite while the Caped Crusaders are attempting to capture the Hobby Robber gang. Robin also helps foil an assassination attempt by the Danton Gang when Batman is celebrating the anniversary of his first case, aided by Ace the Bat-Hound, Robin and Batmanstop special effects artist Graham from terrorizing his employers, and helps Batman foil a plot by Lex Luthor wherein the master criminal and his henchmen pose as aliens.
Robin joins Batman and Superman in capturing crooks on a caper that is complicated due to interference from an alien filmmaker, helps Batman capture the alien Kraal, helps restore the memory of Ace the Bat-Hound when the dog is struck with amnesia, arrests three jewelers involved in the murder of one of their parnters, and helps Batman foil an attempt by Professor Simms wherein he exploits fellow scientist Steve Condon to commit crimes in order to obtain a cure for his increased size. Also during this time, Robin would call in Superman to help him deal with Batman when the Caped Crusader would be compelled to carry out three tasks when he is put under the spell of the wizard Fangan, help Batman clear his name when he is accused of stealing an other-dimensional weapon, capture three crooks who are exploiting actor Clive Norris' belief that he is really an alien invader, capture the Big Jim Masters gang, and capture the Sea-Fox Gang.
When an alien absorbs the life force of Robin, Batman and Superman team-up once again to save Robin's life. Robin next aids Batman and Ace the Bat-Hound in capturing the Atomic Man, helps Batman perpetuate another hoax that the Caped Crusader is really a robot to capture The Night Owl Gang, clash for the first time against Kite-Man, stops an attempted robbery of the S.S. Batman, and helps Batman, Batwoman, and Ace the Bat-Hound in quashing another annoyance created by Bat-Mite when he returns and attempts to promote Batwoman after falling in love with her.
While in South America, Robin aids Batman in restoring Superman's memory when he is struck with amnesia, would journey with Batman to the planet Alcor to aid intergalactic lawman Tal-Dar, and return to South America to battle a strange rainbow creature. Returning to Gotham City, Robin would aid Batman in learning the mystery of someone who has learned Batman's secret identity, and helps apprehend the "Dummy" Danny Gang. Aids Batman and Superman in capturing the Wreckers with the help of an alien creature, with Batman helps free Pol an alien from another dimension being exploited by the Carter Wede gang, dismantles the "Wheels" Foster Gang, defeat the Sky Creature, and foils the Hal Durgin Gang's plot to use a new prototype camera.
Later, Robin along with Batman and Superman has to deal with the headaches caused by the teaming up of Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk. Robin also plays along with Superman and his allies in creating situations where Supergirl must save them, this is all a ploy to celebrate her 16th birthday. Robin next aids Batman and Batwoman in preventing the exploitation of a prehistoric man by criminals. Robin aids Batman in clashes against Bat-Mite, foils a subversive invasion plot, and the Joker who is using the four elements in his crimes. Robin is later kidnapped along with Batman and taken to the planet Zoron, where they are rescued by Superman. Robin would assist Batman and Batwoman in capturing the costumed criminal called Star-Man, and battle Raven and Wasp with Batman and Ace the Bath-Hound.
Robin would find himself blackmailed into quitting his partnership with Batman and joining Mr. Marvel, a costumed criminal posing as a masked crime fighter, however with the Batman's help Robin would expose Marvel and send him off to jail. Renewing their partnership, Batman and Robin would next clash against the Brand, and foil a plot by some bandits to exploit a visiting school children from an alien world. Robin next aids Batman and Superman in foiling the criminal plots of a fake swami, with Batman stops the Multiple Creature, helps stop the Tiger Gang, capture the criminal Simple Simon, and foils a group of wanted swindlers from using a mechanical sea creature. Teaming up with Superman and Batman once more, Robin would aid in capturing criminal Vance Collins when he is transformed into the "Creature From Beyond". Bat-Mite then springs up against to give Batman and Robin grief while they are attempting to capture the Willy Wile Gang. Robin would once more clash with Signalman during a short lived period wherein he changed his identity to the Blue Bowman and aid Batman in capturing the George Milo Gang.
More Bizarre Adventures, and the Robin/Bat-Girl Romance
The "Bat-Family" would grow again with the inclusion of Bat-Girl, Batwoman's niece, Robin would pitch in with Batman and Batwoman in rescuing Bat-Girl from the Cobra Gang. Proving a capable ally, Bat-Girl would eventually develop a romantic relationship with Robin. Robin would next aid Batman in capturing "Gadgets" Bloor and his gang, aids Batman, Batwoman and Superman in capturing Lex Luthor, prevents the Big Ed Bailey gang from exploiting an alien creature, aids Batman in foiling the Joker's supposed ghost haunting scheme, helps foil an assassination attempt on Batman with the help of Superman. When Batman and Robin are accidentally transported to the planet Xlur, the experience finds them transformed into alien creatures temporarily. Despite this incredible change, the Dynamic Duo manage to defeat the Yellow Sweater Gang with the aid of Batwoman and Ace the Bat-Hound before returning to normal. Once again teaming up with Superman, Batman and Robin would foil a plot by intergalactic criminals from the planet Xeron. When Batman is exposed to a gas that makes him grow to a colossal size, Robin, Batwoman and Superman all pitch in to help the Caped Crusader capture the Rockets Rogan Gang before Batman is restored to normal.
When attempting to capture Eddie Stark, Batman and Robin are briefly transported to the dimension of the hostile Gruggs, and helps liberate that world before returning to their home dimension. Robin would next help Batman battle the Clockmaster, and foil an attempted murder plot orchistrated by the owner of the Seth Baylor Cross-Country race. When Batman and Batwoman are captured by the Moth, Robin teams up with Bat-Girl to rescue them. Robin also aids Superman and Batman in capturing General Grambly and the Purple Legion. Next Robin aids Batman in stopping the Element Man, helps Batman deal with a faulty robot given to him by Tal-Dar, expose Tom Travis' Ancient Mariner hoax, and aid Detective Regan capture renegade scientist Hartley in Central America. Working with Batman and Superman in Metropolis, Robin aids them in capturing two crooks who have control of three strange creatures that can immitate Superman's powers. Batman and Robin go on yet another time travel adventure, this time to ancient Egypt to investigate strange paintings and clash with alien creatures.
Robin later aids Batman in capturing Nitro Joe, captures Dr. Pneumo when Batman is temporarily struck blind, and with the aid of Ace the Bat-Hound foil a plot by the Lippy Yates gang that involves the exploitation of a weird alien creature. Robin next helps Batman defeat Planet-Master, travels to the mirror dimension of Xanu with Superman and Batman, foil Albey's attempt to hoax a sea creature in Kobar Bay, defuse an alien battle in Gotham City, and wrecks the Joker's crime training camp. When Batman and Batwoman are out of town, Robin and Bat-Girl work together to spoil the mischief caused by a returning Bat-Mite. Robin aids Batman in capturing Superman when he's framed for crimes on the planet Belvos by the evil Klor, however the Dynamic Duo learn the truth and help their friend clear his name.
During this period Robin would clash for the first time with Clayface, helps Superman throw a birthday party for his pal Jimmy Olsen, survive a plot by the alien Emperor Kaale to hunt down Batman and Robin, helps Batman capture Mr. 50 in Hawaii, capture criminal John Burr, and with Batman and Superman deal with a double dose of mischief when Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk team-up again. Following these events Robin would aid Batman in defeating Mr. Polka-Dot, and are once more bungled up when Bat-Mite interferes with an attempt to capture crooks, track Smiley Fenton to Africa and capture him with the aid of Leopard Boy, capture Keith Larsen. In another team-up with Superman and Batman, Robin aids the alien super-hero Logi in capturing the evil Hroguth.
Robin continues to aid Batman and helps the Dark Knight capture the Brains Beldon Gang, with an assist from Batwoman captures the Lefty Borgas gang, stop a gang of crooks from using alien plants in their robberies, recovers stolen loot hidden by a deceased crime boss, and helps Batman capture a criminal when the Caped Crusader is temporarily revered to the physical stature of a 10 year old boy. When Batman and Robin are captured by a criminal named Jundy, they are used as barganing chips to blackmail Superman into doing the crooks bidding, however the trio manage to turn the tables and capture Jundy. Together with Batman, Robin next helps solve a murder on Skyland, and helps prevent yet another alien invasion.
When Bruce Wayne's young cousin Vanderveer Wayne comes to visit, Dick Grayson has to allow the show-off to gloat about his superior ability to protect his secret identity. However, Vanderveer is given a lesson in humility when he goes off pretending to be Robin with an actor dress up as Batman who intends to use the ruse to commit crimes and has to be saved by the real Batman and Robin. Robin also works with Batman to trick the Joker into disbelieving the Batman is really Bruce Wayne when the villain succeeds in unmasking Batman. Batman and Robin next help Superman defeat Lex Luthor and his latest creation the Negative Superman. During this time Batman and Robin also clash with a restored Clayface, and also aids Batman in capturing Knuckles Boland and Rusty when they exploit stranded aliens to avoid capture.
Robin next aids Batman in capturing the Maestro of Crime, foil Ben Ryder and Slick Ronson's time-bandit hoax, and helps foil the attempted murder of a visiting Raja from the nation of Jaharia. Working again with Superman, Batman and Robin also help Zerno, a sorcerer from Y'Bar. Also during this time the Dynamic Duo battle evil scientist Professor Arnold Hugo with the help of Ace, the Bat-Hound, and captures underworld leader Caesar. When Batman is temporarily effected by a love potion, Robin works alone to capture the Jack Pine Gang until Batman is restored to normal. When tracking Biff Warner to the Yucatan jungle, Robin is struck by lightning and is surprisingly endowed with super-powers, but at the cost of his memory. He is then believed to be a god by the native Ko-Ti and is convinced to battle Batman until the effects wear off and his memory returns to normal. Robin then aids Batman in capturing Warner. Robin also aids Batman and Superman in capturing a gang of crooks when Superman's vulnerability to Red Kryptonite is temporarily transferred to Batman. Robin would next work with Batman, Batwoman and Ace the Bat-Hound in stopping the Green Mask Bandits from exploiting Alpha the Experimental Man, a newly built artificial man. When Superman is believed to be dying from Virus X, Robin joins Batman, Supergirl, and the Legion of Super-Heroes in carrying out Superman's final wishes, however it turns out that Superman was only being effected by Kryptonite that was embedded in Jimmy Olsen's camera.
The Campy Duo and Joining the Teen Titans
Nightwing and the New Teen Titans
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
There are a number of imaginary tales that have been told about the Earth-One Robin. These stories are not part of Earth-One cannon. The following is a complete list of the imaginary tales:
The first imaginary tale about the Earth-One Robin was told written by Batman's butler Alfred Pennyworth. In this imaginary story Alfred tells a tale about Batman and Batwoman getting married and retiring together, leaving Dick Grayson to take up the mantle of Batman II while the role of Robin II is taken up by Bruce Wayne Jr.. Alfred revisits this idea in another imaginary story about Batman II and Robin II wherein they stop criminal John Crandall. This starts a regular trend of imaginary tales about Robin's future life after Batman has been married. In another imaginary tale written by Alfred about Batman II and Robin II, the new Dynamic Duo battle the Joker and his son. Alfred would revisit this imaginary world one more time to tell how Bruce Wayne Jr. would aid Dick Grayson against the Green Owl Gang. Robin also makes an appearance in an imaginary tale wherein Batman marries Batwoman and Superman marries Lois Lane and the two couples produce offspring Kal-El Jr. and Bruce Wayne Jr.. This imaginary world is revisited once again, telling a tale about the Junior Superman and Batman tackling Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk. In an unrelated imaginary story about Superman marrying Lois Lane and having a boy (this one named Clark Kent Jr.), Robin is depicted as a member of the Justice League of America. In yet another imaginary tale about the future of Batman and Robin, Bruce Wayne marries Lois Lane and the two have a child named Bruce Wayne Jr. Bruce and Dick train the young boy to be a replacement Batman.
Another common theme of imaginary tales involving Robin usually have to do with changes in the life of long time Batman associate Superman. In the first of these Robin appears in an imaginary tale about Lex Luthor supposedly going straight and aiding Superman in his crime fighting endeavors. This however is all a plot by Luthor to kill Superman, a plot which Superman's greatest foe succeeds at. Robin is seen attending the funeral of Superman with the Man of Steels many friends and associates. Another imaginary tale involves Lex Luthor manipulating Batman into thinking that Superboy was responsible for his fathers death. Carrying this vendetta against the Man of Steel, Batman and Robin would clash with Superman in a battle that would lead to Batman's accidental death. In yet another imaginary tale involving Superman losing his powers and taking up a new costumed identity of Nova to fight crime like other non-powered heroes leads to Superman having to be rescued by Batman, Robin and Green Arrow. Another imaginary tale regarding the wedding anniversary of Superman and Lois Lane depicts Robin being present at the anniversary.
Other imaginary tales involve Robin continuing on after the death of Batman. The first involve Robin avenging Batman's death at the hands of the Automator. Another tale visits an alternate outcome of Batman's battle with the Bouncer where Batman is killed by the criminal, Robin is then joined by the Batman of Earth-Two who has come to help Robin's crusade against crime.
- This version of Robin, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 879 Appearances of Richard Grayson (Earth-One)
- 136 Images featuring Richard Grayson (Earth-One)
- 12 Quotations by or about Richard Grayson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Richard Grayson (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
- ↑ Batman #213 - "The Origin of Robin"
- ↑ Batman #1 - "The Joker"
- ↑ Batman #1 - "The Cat"
- ↑ Detective Comics #140 - "The Riddler"
- ↑ Batman #110 - "The Secret of Batman's Butler"
- ↑ World's Finest #94 - "The Origin of the Superman-Batman Team"
- ↑ Superman #76 - "The Mightiest Team in the World"
- ↑ Detective Comics #184 - "The Human Firefly"
- ↑ Batman #75 - "The Gorilla Boss of Gotham City"
- ↑ Detective Comics #197 - "The League Against Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #203 - "The Crimes of the Catwoman"
- ↑ World's Finest #68 - "The Secret Weapons of the Crimesmith"
- ↑ Batman #81 - "Two-Face Strikes Again"
- ↑ Batman #81 - "The Boy Wonder Confesses"
- ↑ Batman #81 - "The Phantom Bandit of Gotham City"
- ↑ Detective Comics #204 - "The Man Who Could Live Forever"
- ↑ Batman #82 - "The Flying Batman"
- ↑ Batman #82 - "The Man Who Could Change Fingerprints"
- ↑ Batman #82 - "The Olympic Games of Crime"
- ↑ Detective Comics #205 - "The Origin of the Bat-Cave"
- ↑ World's Finest #69 - "The Man Who Wanted to Die with Batman"
- ↑ Batman #83 - "The Duplicate Batman"
- ↑ Batman #83 - "The Deep-Sea Diver Mystery"
- ↑ Batman #83 - "The Testing of Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #206 - "The Trapper of Gotham City"
- ↑ Detective Comics #207 - "Batman the Magician"
- ↑ World's Finest #70 - "The Crime Consultant"
- ↑ Batman #84 - "The Valley of the Giant Bees"
- ↑ Batman #84 - "The Sleeping Beauties of Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #84 - "Ten Nights of Fear"
- ↑ Detective Comics #208 - "The Nine Worlds of Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #209 - "The Man Who Shadowed Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #71 - "Batman – Double for Superman"
- ↑ Batman #85 - "Batman -- Clown of Crime"
- ↑ Batman #85 - "The Guardian of the Bat-Signal"
- ↑ Batman #85 - "The Costume of Doom"
- ↑ Detective Comics #210 - "The Brain That Ruled Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #86 - "The Voyage of the First Batmarine"
- ↑ Batman #86 - "The Joker's Winning Team"
- ↑ Batman #86 - "Batman -- Indian Chief"
- ↑ Detective Comics #211 - "The Jungle Cat-Queen"
- ↑ World's Finest #72 - "Fort Crime"
- ↑ Batman #87 - "Batman's Greatest Thrills"
- ↑ Batman #87 - "The Synthetic Crime-King"
- ↑ Batman #87 - "Batman Falls in Love"
- ↑ Detective Comics #212 - "The Puppet-Master"
- ↑ Detective Comics #213 - "The Mysterious Mirror-Man"
- ↑ World's Finest #73 - "Batman and Superman, Swamis Inc."
- ↑ Batman #88 - "The Mystery of the Four Batmen"
- ↑ Batman #88 - "Three Letters to Batman"
- ↑ Batman #88 - "The Son of Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #214 - "The Batman Encyclopedia"
- ↑ Detective Comics #215 - "The Batmen of All Nations"
- ↑ World's Finest #74 - "The Contest of Heroes"
- ↑ Batman #89 - "The River Rogues"
- ↑ Batman #89 - "The Seven Wonders of the Underworld"
- ↑ Batman #89 - "Bruce Wayne's Aunt Agatha"
- ↑ Batman #90 - "The Web of Doom"
- ↑ Batman #90 - "City of Fantasy"
- ↑ Batman #90 - "The Adventures of Batboy"
- ↑ Detective Comics #217 - "The Mental Giant of Gotham City"
- ↑ World's Finest #75 - "Superman and Robin"
- ↑ Batman #91 - "The Living Bat-Plane"
- ↑ Batman #91 - "Batman's Publicity Agent"
- ↑ Batman #91 - "The Map of Mystery"
- ↑ Detective Comics #218 - "Batman, Junior and Robin, Senior"
- ↑ Detective Comics #219 - "Gotham City's Strangest Race"
- ↑ World's Finest #76 - "When Gotham City Challenged Metropolis"
- ↑ Batman #92 - "Fan-Mail of Danger"
- ↑ Batman #92 - "Batman's Guilty Neighbor"
- ↑ Batman #92 - "Ace the Bat-Hound"
- ↑ Detective Comics #221 - "The Thousand-and-One Escapes of Batman and Robin"
- ↑ World's Finest #77 - "The Super Bat-Man"
- ↑ Batman #93 - "Journey to the Top of the World"
- ↑ Batman #93 - "Batman, Baby-Sitter"
- ↑ Batman #93 - "The Caveman Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #222 - "The Great Batman Swindle"
- ↑ Batman #94 - "The Sign of the Bat"
- ↑ Batman #94 - "The New Batman"
- ↑ Batman #94 - "Mystery of the Sky Museum"
- ↑ Detective Comics #223 - "The Batman Dime-Museum"
- ↑ World's Finest #78 - "When Superman's Identity is Exposed"
- ↑ Batman #95 - "The Guardian of 100 Cities"
- ↑ Batman #95 - "The Bat-Train"
- ↑ Batman #95 - "The Ballad of Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #224 - "The Batman Machine"
- ↑ Detective Comics #225 - "If I Were Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #79 - "The Three Magicians of Bagdad"
- ↑ Batman #96 - "His Majesty, King Batman"
- ↑ Batman #96 - "Batman's College Days"
- ↑ Batman #96 - "The Third Alarm for Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #226 - "When Batman Was Robin"
- ↑ Detective Comics #227 - "The 50 Faces of Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #80 - "The Super-Newspaper of Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #97 - "The Joker Announces Danger"
- ↑ Batman #97 - "Doom on Channel 14"
- ↑ Batman #97 - "The Return of the Bat-Hound"
- ↑ Detective Comics #228 - "The Outlaw Batman"
- ↑ Batman #98 - "The Return of Mister Future"
- ↑ Batman #98 - "The Desert Island Batman"
- ↑ Batman #98 - "Secret of the Batmobile"
- ↑ Detective Comics #229 - "The 10,000 Secrets of Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #81 - "The True History of Superman and Batman"
- ↑ Batman #99 - "The Golden Eggs"
- ↑ Batman #99 - "Batman -- Frontier Marshal"
- ↑ Batman #99 - "The Phantom of the Bat-Cave"
- ↑ Detective Comics #230 - "The Mad Hatter of Gotham City"
- ↑ Detective Comics #231 - "Batman, Junior"
- ↑ World's Finest #82 - "The Three Super Musketeers"
- ↑ Batman #100 - "Batmantown, U.S.A."
- ↑ Batman #100 - "The Hunters of Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #100 - "The Great Batman Contest"
- ↑ Detective Comics #232 - "The Outlaw Who Played Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #233 - "The Batwoman"
- ↑ World's Finest #83 - "The Case of the Mother Goose Mystery"
- ↑ Batman #101 - "The Vanished Batman"
- ↑ Batman #101 -"The Six Strangest Sleuths"
- ↑ Batman #101 - "The Great Bat-Cape Hunt"
- ↑ Detective Comics #234 - "Batman and Robin's Greatest Mystery"
- ↑ Batman #102 - "The House of Batman"
- ↑ Batman #102 - "The Batman from Babylon"
- ↑ Batman #102 - "The Caveman at Large"
- ↑ Detective Comics #235 - "The First Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #84 - "The Super-Mystery of Metropolis"
- ↑ Batman #103 - "The Broken Batman Trophies"
- ↑ Batman #103 - "The League of Ex-Convicts"
- ↑ Batman #103 - "Bat-Hound, Movie Star"
- ↑ Detective Comics #236 - "The New-Model Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #237 - "The Search for a New Robin"
- ↑ World's Finest #85 - "The Super-Rivals"
- ↑ Batman #104 - "The Man Who Knew Batman's Secret"
- ↑ Batman #104 - "Robin's 50 Batman Partners"
- ↑ Batman #103 - "The Creature from 20,000 Fathoms"
- ↑ Detective Comics #238 -"The Doors That Hid Disaster"
- ↑ Detective Comics #239 - "Batman's Robot Twin"
- ↑ World's Finest #86 - "The Super-Show of Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #105 - "The Challenge of Batwoman"
- ↑ Batman #105 - "The Second Boy Wonder"
- ↑ Batman #105 -"The Mysterious Bat-Missile"
- ↑ Detective Comics #240 - "The Outlaw Batman"
- ↑ Batman #106 - "Batman's Secret Helper"
- ↑ Batman #106 - Storm Over Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #106 - "The Puppet Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #241 - "The Rainbow Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #87 - "The Reversed Heroes"
- ↑ Batman #107 - "The Boy Who Adopted Batman"
- ↑ Batman #107 - "Robin Falls in Love"
- ↑ Batman #107 - "The Grown-Up Boy Wonder"
- ↑ Detective Comics #242 - "The Underworld Bat-Cave"
- ↑ Detective Comics #243 - "Batman the Giant"
- ↑ World's Finest #88 - "Superman's and Batman's Greatest Foes"
- ↑ Batman #108 - "The Big Batman Quiz"
- ↑ Batman #108 - "Prisoners of the Bat-Cave"
- ↑ Batman #108 - "The Career of Batman Jones"
- ↑ Detective Comics #244 - "The 100 Batarangs of Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #245 - "The Dynamic Trio"
- ↑ World's Finest #89 - "The Club of Heroes"
- ↑ Batman #109 - "Three Crimes Against Batman"
- ↑ Batman #109 - "Follow the Batman"
- ↑ Batman #109 - "The 1,001 Inventions of Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #246 - "Murder at Mystery Castle"
- ↑ Batman #110 - "Crime-of-the-Month Club"
- ↑ Batman #110 - "The Phantom Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #247 - "The Man Who Ended Batman's Career"
- ↑ World's Finest #90 - "The Super-Batwoman"
- ↑ Batman #111 - "The Gotham City Safari"
- ↑ Batman #111 - "The Other Bruce Wayne"
- ↑ Batman #111 - "The Armored Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #248 - "Around the World in 8 Days"
- ↑ Detective Comics #249 - "The Crime of Bruce Wayne"
- ↑ World's Finest #91 - "The Three Super-Sleepers"
- ↑ Batman #112 - "The Signalman of Crime"
- ↑ Batman #112 - "Batman's Roman Holiday"
- ↑ Batman #112 - "Am I Really Batman?"
- ↑ Detective Comics #250 - "Batman's Super-Enemy"
- ↑ World's Finest #92 - "The Boy from Outer Space"
- ↑ Detective Comics #251 - "The Alien Batman"
- ↑ Batman #113 - "The Menace of False Face"
- ↑ Batman #113 - "Batman Meets Fatman"
- ↑ Batman #133 - "Batman -- the Superman of Planet X"
- ↑ Detective Comics #252 - "The Creature from the Green Lagoon"
- ↑ Batman #114 - "The Secret of Mechanical City"
- ↑ Batman #114 - "The Mirage Maker"
- ↑ Batman #114 -"The Bat-Ape"
- ↑ World's Finest #93 - "The Boss of Batman and Superman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #253 - "The Fox, the Shark, and the Vulture"
- ↑ Batman #115 - "The Million-Dollar Clues"
- ↑ Batman #115 - "Batman for Hire"
- ↑ Batman #115 - "Batman in a Bottle"
- ↑ Detective Comics #254 - "One Ounce of Doom"
- ↑ World's Finest #94 - "The Origin of the Superman-Batman Team"
- ↑ Detective Comics #255 - "Death in Dinosaur Hall"
- ↑ Batman #116 - "The City of Ancient Heroes"
- ↑ Batman #116 - "Batwoman's New Identity"
- ↑ Batman #116 - "The Winged Bat-People"
- ↑ Detective Comics #256 - "The Captive Planet"
- ↑ World's Finest #95 - "The Battle of the Super-Heroes"
- ↑ Detective Comics #257 - "Batman's Invincible Foe"
- ↑ Batman #117 - "The Mystery of the Batman Bus"
- ↑ Batman #117 - "Bruce Wayne -- Batman"
- ↑ Batman #117 - "Manhunt in Outer Space"
- ↑ Detective Comics #258 - "Prisoners of the Giant Robots"
- ↑ World's Finest #96 - "The Super-Foes from Planet X"
- ↑ Batman #118 - "The Battle of Police Island"
- ↑ Batman #118 - "The Man Who Couldn't Be Tried Twice"
- ↑ Batman #116 - "The Merman Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #259 - "The Challenge of the Calendar Man"
- ↑ Batman #119 - "The Arch-Rivals of Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #119 - "The Secret of Batman Island"
- ↑ Batman #119 - "Rip Van Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #97 - "The Day Superman Betrayed Batman"
- ↑ Adventure Comics #253 - "Superboy Meets Robin the Boy Wonder"
- ↑ Detective Comics #260 - "The Mystery of the Space Olympics"
- ↑ Detective Comics #261 - "The Amazing Dr. Double X"
- ↑ Batman #120 - "The Curse of the Bat-Ring"
- ↑ Batman #120 - "The Failure of Bruce Wayne"
- ↑ Batman #120 - "The Airborne Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #98 - "The Menace of the Moonman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #262 - "The Jackal of the Underworld"
- ↑ Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #6 - "The Amazing Superman Junior"
- ↑ Detective Comics #263 - "The Secret of the Fantastic Weapons"
- ↑ Batman #121 - "The Body in the Bat-Cave"
- ↑ Batman #121 - "Crime Rides the Rails"
- ↑ Batman #121 - "The Ice Crimes of Mr. Zero"
- ↑ World's Finest #99 - "Batman's Super-Spending Spree"
- ↑ Detective Comics #264 - "Peril at Playland Isle"
- ↑ Justice League of America #144 - "The Origin of the Justice League -- Minus One"
- ↑ Batman #122 - "Prisoners of the Sargasso Sea"
- ↑ Batman #122 - "The Cross-Country Crimes"
- ↑ Batman #122 - "The Marriage of Batman and Batwoman"
- ↑ World's Finest #100 - "The Dictator of Krypton City"
- ↑ Detective Comics #265 - "Batman's First Case"
- ↑ Batman #123 - "The Secret of the Everglades"
- ↑ Batman #123 - "The Joker's Practical Jokes"
- ↑ Batman #123 - "The Fugitive Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #266 - "The Satellite of Gotham City"
- ↑ World's Finest #101 - "The Menace of the Atom-Master"
- ↑ Detective Comics #267 - "Batman Meets Bat-Mite"
- ↑ Batman #124 - "The Invisible Batman"
- ↑ Batman #124 - "The Return of Signalman"
- ↑ Batman #124 - "The Mystery Seeds from Space"
- ↑ World's Finest #102 - "The Caveman from Krypton"
- ↑ Detective Comics #268 - "The Power That Doomed Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #269 - "The Thousand Deaths of Batman"
- ↑ Batman #125 - "The Secret Life of Bat-Hound"
- ↑ Batman #125 - "The Last Days of Batman"
- ↑ Batman #125 - "King Batman the First"
- ↑ World's Finest #103 - "The Secret of the Sorcerer's Treasure"
- ↑ Detective Comics #270 - "The Creature from Planet X"
- ↑ Batman #126 - "The Mystery of the 49th Star"
- ↑ Batman #126 - "The Batman Lighthouse"
- ↑ Batman #126 - "The Batman Lighthouse"
- ↑ World's Finest #104 - "The Plot to Destroy Superman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #271 - "Batman's Armored Rival"
- ↑ Superman #132 - "Superman’s Other Life"
- ↑ Batman #127 - "Batman's Super-Partner"
- ↑ Batman #127 - "The Hammer of Thor"
- ↑ Detective Comics #272 - "The Crystal Creature"
- ↑ World's Finest #105 - "The Alien Superman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #273 - "The Secret of the Dragon Society"
- ↑ Batman #128 - "The Interplanetary Batman"
- ↑ Batman #128 - "The Million Dollar Puzzle"
- ↑ Batman #128 - "The Batman Baby"
- ↑ World's Finest #106 - "The Duplicate Man"
- ↑ Detective Comics #274 - "The Hermit of Mystery Island"
- ↑ Detective Comics #275 - "The Zebra Batman"
- ↑ Batman #129 - "The Web of the Spinner"
- ↑ Batman #129 - "The Man from Robin's Past"
- ↑ World's Finest #107 - "The Secret of the Time-Creature"
- ↑ Detective Comics #276 - "The Return of Bat-Mite"
- ↑ Batman #130 - "Batman's Deadly Birthday"
- ↑ Batman #130 - "The Master of Weapons"
- ↑ Batman #130 - "The Hand from Nowhere"
- ↑ World's Finest #108 - "The Star Creatures"
- ↑ Detective Comics #277 - "The Jigsaw Menace from Space"
- ↑ Batman #131 - "The Dog That Betrayed Batman"
- ↑ Batman #131 - "The Case of the Deadly Gems"
- ↑ Detective Comics #278 - "The Man Who Became a Giant"
- ↑ World's Finest #109 - "The Bewitched Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #279 - "The Creatures That Stalked Batman"
- ↑ Batman #132 - "The Martian from Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #132 - "The Three Faces of Batman"
- ↑ Batman #132 - "The Lair of the Sea-Fox"
- ↑ World's Finest #110 - "The Alien Who Doomed Robin"
- ↑ Detective Comics #280 - "The Menace of the Atomic Man"
- ↑ Detective Comics #281 - "Batman, Robot"
- ↑ Batman #133 "Crimes of the Kite-Man"
- ↑ Batman #133 - "The Voyage of the S.S. Batman"
- ↑ Batman #133 - "Batwoman's Publicity Agent"
- ↑ World's Finest #111 - "Superman's Secret Kingdom"
- ↑ Detective Comics #282 - "Batman's Interplanetary Rival"
- ↑ Batman #134 - "The Rainbow Creature"
- ↑ Batman #134 - "Batman's Secret Enemy"
- ↑ Batman #134 - "The Deadly Dummy"
- ↑ World's Finest #112 - "The Menace of Superman's Pet"
- ↑ Detective Comics #283 - "The Phantom of Gotham City"
- ↑ Batman #135 - "Crimes of the Wheel"
- ↑ Batman #135 - "The Menace of the Sky Creature"
- ↑ Detective Comics #284 - "The Negative Batman"
- ↑ World's Finest #133 - "Bat-Mite Meets Mr. Mxyzptlk"
- ↑ Action Comics Vol 1 270 - "Supergirl’s Busiest Day"
- ↑ Detective Comics #285 - "The Mystery of the Man-Beast"
- ↑ Batman #136 - "The Case of the Crazy Crimes"
- ↑ Batman #136 - "The Town That Hated Batman"
- ↑ Batman #136 - "The Challenge of the Joker"
- ↑ World's Finest #144 - "Captives of the Space Globes"
- ↑ Detective Comics #286 - "The Doomed Batwoman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #287 - "The Raven and the Wasp"
- ↑ Batman #137 - "Robin's New Boss"
- ↑ Batman #137 - "The Bandit with 1000 Brands"
- ↑ Batman #137 - "Teacher from the Stars"
- ↑ World's Finest #115 - "The Curse That Doomed Superman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #288 - "The Menace of the Multiple Creature"
- ↑ Batman #138 - "Batman's Master"
- ↑ Batman #138 - "The Simple Crimes of Simple Simon"
- ↑ Batman #138 - "The Secret of the Sea Beast"
- ↑ World's Finest #116 - "The Creature from Beyond"
- ↑ Detective Comics #289 - "The Bat-Mite Bandits"
- ↑ Batman #139 - "The Blue Bowman"
- ↑ Batman #139 - "The Island of 1,000 Traps"
- ↑ Batman #139 - "Bat-Girl"
- ↑ Detective Comics #290 - "Robin's Robot"
- ↑ World's Finest #117 - "Super-Batwoman and the Super-Creature"
- ↑ Detective Comics #291 - "The Creature from the Bat-Cave"
- ↑ Batman #140 - "The Ghost of the Joker"
- ↑ Batman #140 - "The Charmed Life of Batman"
- ↑ Batman #140 - "The Eighth Wonder of Space"
- ↑ World's Finest #118 - "The Creature That Was Exchanged for Superman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #292 - "The Colossus of Gotham City"
- ↑ Detective Comics #293 - "Prisoners of the Dark World"
- ↑ Batman #141 - "The Crimes of the Clockmaster"
- ↑ Batman #141 - "The Race of Death"
- ↑ Batman #141 - "Batwoman's Junior Partner"
- ↑ World's Finest #119 - "The Secret of Tigerman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #294 - "The Villain of 100 Elements"
- ↑ Batman #142 - "Batman's Robot-Guardian"
- ↑ Batman #142 - "The Crimes of the Ancient Mariner"
- ↑ Batman #142 - "Ruler of the Bewitched Valley"
- ↑ World's Finest #120 - "The Challenge of the Faceless Creatures"
- ↑ Detective Comics #295 - "The Secret of the Beast Paintings"
- ↑ Batman #143 - "The Twice-Told Tale of Batman and Robin"
- ↑ Batman #143 - "The Blind Batman"
- ↑ Batman #143 - "Bat-Hound and the Creature"
- ↑ Detective Comics #296 - "The Menace of the Planet-Master"
- ↑ World's Finest #121 - "The Mirror Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #297 - "The Beast of Koba Bay"
- ↑ Batman #144 - "The Alien Feud on Earth"
- ↑ Batman #144 - "The Man Who Played Batman"
- ↑ Batman #144 - "Bat-Mite Meets Bat-Girl"
- ↑ World's Finest #122 - "The Capture of Superman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #298 - "The Challenge of Clay-Face"
- ↑ Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #58 - "Jimmy Olsen’s Super-Birthday"
- ↑ Detective Comics #299 - "Prey of the Alien Hunters"
- ↑ Batman #145 - "Hunt for Mr. 50"
- ↑ Batman #145 - "The Tiniest Villain in the World"
- ↑ World's Finest #123 - "The Incredible Team of Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk"
- ↑ Detective Comics #300 - "The Bizarre Polka-Dot Man"
- ↑ Batman #146 - "Batman and Robin's Magical Powers"
- ↑ Batman #146 - "The Secret of the Leopard Boy"
- ↑ Batman #146 - "The Deadly Curse of Korabo"
- ↑ World's Finest #124 - "The Mystery of the Alien Super-Boy"
- ↑ Detective Comics #301 - "The Condemned Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #302 - "The Bronze Menace"
- ↑ Batman #147 - "The Plants of Plunder"
- ↑ Batman #147 - "The Secret of Mystery Island"
- ↑ Batman #147 - "Batman Becomes Bat-Baby"
- ↑ World's Finest #125 - "The Hostages of the Island of Doom"
- ↑ Detective Comics #303 - "Murder in Skyland"
- ↑ Batman #148 - "The Alien Force Twins"
- ↑ Batman #148 - "The Boy Who Was Robin"
- ↑ Batman #148 - "The Joker's Greatest Triumph"
- ↑ World's Finest #126 - "The Negative Superman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #304 - "The Return of Clay-Face"
- ↑ Detective Comics #305 - "Targets of the Alien Z-Ray"
- ↑ Batman #149 - "The Maestro of Crime"
- ↑ Batman #149 - "The Invaders from the Past"
- ↑ Batman #149 - "Batman Tunes in on Murder"
- ↑ World's Finest #127 - "The Sorcerer from the Stars"
- ↑ Detective Comics #306 - "The Wizard of 1,000 Menaces"
- ↑ Batman #150 - "The Secret Behind the Stone Door"
- ↑ Batman #150 - "The Girl Who Stole Batman's Heart"
- ↑ Batman #150 - "Robin, the Super Boy Wonder"
- ↑ World's Finest #128 - "The Power That Transformed Batman"
- ↑ Detective Comics #307 - "Alpha, the Experimental Man"
- ↑ Superman #156 - "The Last Days of Superman"
- ↑ Batman #131 - "The Second Batman and Robin Team"
- ↑ Batman #135 - "The Return of the Second Batman and Robin Team"
- ↑ Batman #145 - "The Son of the Joker"
- ↑ Batman #159 - "The Boyhood of Bruce Wayne Jr."
- ↑ World's Finest #154 - "The Sons of Batman and Superman"
- ↑ World's Finest #157 - "The Abominable Brats"
- ↑ Superman #192 - "Clark Kent's Super-Son"
- ↑ Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane #89 - "The Bride of Batman"
- ↑ Superman #149 - "The Death of Superman"
- ↑ World's Finest #153 - "The Clash of Cape and Cowl"
- ↑ World's Finest #178 - "The Has-Been Superman"
- ↑ World's Finest #480 - "Superman's Perfect Crime"
- ↑ Superman Family #200 - "Something Swims the Time Stream"
- ↑ World's Finest #184 - "Robin's Revenge"
- ↑ Detective Comics #347 - "The Strange Death of Batman!"
- ↑ Detective Comics #447
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.