Dick Wilson grew up at the Midvale Orphanage during the same time that Linda Lee, Supergirl, did. He believed that Linda Lee was in fact Supergirl, but kept it a secret from the world. He was adopted as a teenager, leaving the orphanage and taking his adoptive parents' name, becoming Dick Malverne.
Though the two dated through college, he would become as much of a nuisance to Linda Lee as Lana Lang was to Superboy. Each time Dick came close to discovering the truth of Linda Lee's secret life, she would come up with some complex scheme to trick him out of believing the two were one and the same.
They grew apart after college, but they did meet again as adults. One day, Supergirl was called to the hospital to visit her dying friend, Dick. He was diagnosed with cancer. On his death bed, he confessed he always loved her and knew of her secret identity. He even apologized for teasing her about it during childhood. They gave each other one last kiss goodbye, and he died later that night.
- This version of Dick Malverne, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 28 Appearances of Richard Malverne (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Richard Malverne (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Richard Malverne (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Richard Malverne (Earth-One)
Superman Family member