A former union dockworker, Richard Plante's bravery and fierce loyalty to his native United Kingdom made him an ideal recruit to defend England as a government operative. Clad in advanced armor and wielding a blazing energy sword, Plante -- a direct descendant of King Richard I -- dubbed himself "Lionheart" after his namesake. In his first appearance, he allied with Justice League International to stop several alien parasites rampaging through London and murdering innocent civilians during the events of "Bloodlines". Although he was bitten by one of the aliens himself, "Pritor", he survived the attack and went on to ally himself with several different incarnations of the Justice League over the years.
- Energy Sword
- Although most of the other New Bloods to have been bitten by the alien Parasites during Bloodlines manifested metahuman powers or abilities, it is unclear whether Lionheart's interaction with the parasites changed him in anyway. It doesn't seem to matter, however, as he has frequently proved himself a more than capable fighter even without his high-tech armor, and is a formidable and relentless foe.
- 19 Appearances of Richard Plante (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Richard Plante (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Richard Plante (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Richard Plante (New Earth)
This character was one of the many superpowered individuals introduced during the "Bloodlines" crossover event, where a number of Alien Parasites invaded the Earth and inadvertently activated the Metagene in a number of people. While not necessarily all members of the "Blood Pack", this group of people has come to be known as the "New Bloods". This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "New Bloods" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.