After Rima's mother died, her grandfather, Nuflo, brought her to the forest. She grew up there, the animals came to accept her, and the birds taught her to sing.
- This version of Rima (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- The character of Rima the Jungle Girl was created by William Henry Hudson and was originally featured in his 1904 novel Green Mansions: A Romance of the Tropical Forest. The DC Comics version of Rima was expanded upon by Nestor Redondo.
- To date, it has not been established if Rima's history or background has been preserved in the Post-Crisis environment. Unless new information is made available, her existence within the continuity of the greater DC Universe should be considered apocryphal.
- Rima the Jungle Girl is not to be confused with Jana of the Jungle, another Hanna-Barbera animated character featured in her own Saturday morning television series.
- Rima is a vegetarian.
- 7 Appearances of Rima (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Rima (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Rima (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Rima (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: